Microsoft has just released a big incremental upgrade for Windows Subsystem for Android. The June update is out and brings the much-awaited File Sharing feature, updated settings, and much more. As always, the update is available on all channels in the Windows Insider Program, allowing users to easily install the new update. Read along to know more details.
Microsoft releases the new Windows Subsystem for Android with the 2305.40000.4.0 version number. Microsoft has been dedicated to improving the Windows Subsystem for Android, as seen with the recent introduction of memory configuration settings and now is the time for the File Sharing feature and other enhancements.
The new File Sharing feature allows users to easily share files between Windows and the Subsystem. The new feature is enabled by default for preview users and lets them share Windows user folders, like Documents and Pictures, with the Subsystem. You can turn off the feature anytime from Windows Subsystem for Android Settings. When folder sharing is enabled, your Windows user profile folder (e.g., “C:\Users\John Doe”) is shared as “/sdcard/Windows” in the Subsystem.
Apart from these features, the Windows Subsystem for Android June update brings a newer version of the Android security patch, bump up Chromium to version 113, Windows Subsystem for Android Settings renamed to Windows Subsystem for Android, WiFi API compatibility improvements, Camera hardware compatibility improvements, and more.
Here’s the complete list of changes coming with today’s update.
- File sharing enabled.
- File transfer using drop and drop and copy and paste.
- Windows Subsystem for Android Settings (renamed to just “Windows Subsystem for Android”) redesign, including displaying all installed Android apps.
- Enable apps that specify android.hardware.type.pc in their manifest to opt into receiving raw input events.
- Wi-Fi API compatibility improvements.
- Camera hardware compatibility improvements.
- Linux kernel security update.
- Updated latest Chromium WebView to version 113.
- Android 13 security updates.
As I said earlier, this month’s release is available on all Windows Insider Channels, so, you can head over to the Microsoft Store and check for the new updates in the Library and update WSA to 2305.40000.4.0 version number.
- Windows 11 Gears Up for AI Integration: Everything You Need to Know
- Microsoft celebrates Pride with a new set of Windows Wallpapers
- How to add a new User in Windows 11 [All Methods]
- How to transfer files between Android and Windows using Nearby Share
- How to Apply Live Wallpapers on Windows 11 PC [3 Methods]
- How to Restore Old Search Button on Windows 11 22H2
- How to Remove Bing Button from Microsoft Edge (Working)