Microsoft has been doing its best to make Edge much better with a good number of features. Now that Microsoft Edge has already got Bing AI into its search results, Bing AI is now part of the web browser as well. This should hopefully make the browser smarter and eventually make people gravitate toward using the built-in Windows browser.
Microsoft has put a big Bing button at the top right corner of the Edge Browser, and not a lot of people like it. Sure, the browser is now integrated with AI to perform better as well as deliver better search results. However, making the Bing button a huge one at the top right corner of the browser simply doesn’t go well with everyone. So, if you’re thinking about removing the Bing button from the Edge, here is our guide.
Remove Bing Button From Microsoft Edge
The good part about this is that the browser lets you hide or show the Bing button from the browser. The Bing button is also called the Discover button. Before you go ahead to remove the button from your web browser, you need to first update your web browser.
Update Microsoft Edge Web Browser
First, make sure to update your Microsoft Edge web browser. Here are the steps to update the browser to the latest available version.
- Launch Microsoft Edge on your PC.
- Now, click on the three horizontal dots that are present at the top right corner of the web browser.
- Click on Settings from the drop-down menu.
- On the left sidebar, you should see the About Microsoft Edge option. Click on it.
- Once the About page opens, you should see that Microsoft Edge will begin to check for any updates if they are available.
- Once the updates are available, the browser will download them right away.
- You will have to restart Microsoft Edge to finish installing the update.
Turn Off Bing Button (Discover) In Microsoft Edge
Now that you have the latest version of Microsoft Edge installed, you can now follow these steps to disable or remove the Bing button on Microsoft edge. Do note that this method works for users who have installed the Beta, Dev, Canary, or Stable versions of Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the three horizontal dots at the top right corner.
- Select the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Sidebar option that you see on the left side of the Settings page.
- On the right-hand side, you should see the Apps and Notifications Settings.
- Under Specific app settings, click on Discover.
- You should see a toggle next to Show Discover. Click on the toggle to switch it off.
- You should now see the Bing button aka Discover button from Microsoft Edge no longer visible on the web browser.
This concludes the guide on how you can remove or hide the Bing button aka Discover button on Microsoft Edge. Now, if you want to turn it on, you can follow the same steps to get the button displayed on your web browser. Do note that if you reset your Microsoft Edge browser, the Discover button will be visible by default.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.