Samsung has begun rolling out One UI 2.0 based Android 10 Update for the Galaxy J4. The device was announced back in 2018 with Android Oreo 8.0. Later in April 2019, it received the Android Pie 9.0 Update. Now the reports coming out that the Galaxy J4 is getting Android 10 update.
After successfully releasing the update for the Galaxy J7 Duo and Galaxy J8. Samsung brings it to the more affordable Galaxy J4. As for now, the update is seeding in Saudi Arabia with the J400FXXU6CTGO build number. Not only this, but you can also update your Galaxy J4 to Android 10 by sideloading the firmware manually. The newer build comes with the July 2020 monthly security patch.
Talking about the features, then the second major OS update on the Galaxy J4 bumps up the device with features like enhanced Dark Mode (with Darkened Wallpapers sport), Full Screen navigation gestures, smoother animations, improved Digital Wellbeing, Clearer app icons and colors, Trash feature for Contacts app, Speed and Time units added in a Calculator app, and more. Here’s the complete changelog that you can check before updating your device.
Android 10 Update for Galaxy J4 – Changelog (Source)
- Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
- Darkened wallpapers, widgets, and alarms while Dark mode is on.
Icons and Colors
- Clearer app icons and system colors.
- Improved layouts for titles and buttons to eliminate wasted screen space.
- Enhanced animations with a playful touch.
- Navigate more comfortably on large screens with minimal finger movement.
- Easily focus on what matters with clearly highlighted buttons.
- New ways to access One-handed mode: double tap the Home button or swipe down in the center of the bottom of the screen.
- Settings moved to Settings > Advanced features > One-handed mode.
- High contrast keyboards and layouts for large text have been improved.
- Listen to live speech and display it as text.
Better text over wallpapers
- See text more clearly against wallpaper, as One UI automatically adjusts font colors based on light and dark areas and color contrast in the image below.
Media and devices
- Replaced the SmartThings panel with the Media and Devices.
- Media: Control music and videos playing on your phone as well as other devices.
- Devices: Check and control your SmartThings devices directly from the quick panel.
- The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
- Set goals to keep your phone usage in check.
- Use Focus mode to help avoid distractions from your phone.
- Keep an eye on your kids with new parental controls.
- Added the ability to edit the modes that appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Provided a More tab so you can quickly access hidden modes from the preview screen.
- Improved the layout so you can focus on taking pictures without the settings getting in the way.
- Customize the quick menu to get instant access to the features you use the most.
- Get more information from the app bar.
- Install add-ons from the Galaxy Store to get even more features.
- Added Trash feature for Contacts. Contacts that you delete will stay in the trash for 15 days before being deleted forever.
- Stickers can be added to a date without creating an event.
- Ringtones can be used for event alerts.
- More options are available for repeating reminders.
- Set location-based reminders for a specific period of time.
- Share reminders with your family group and other sharing groups.
- Set reminders for a specific date without an alert.
- Created a Trash feature so you can restore files if you delete something by mistake.
- Added more filters you can use while searching to help you find things quickly.
- You can now copy or move multiple files and folders to different destinations at the same time.
- Added speed and time units to the unit converter.
- Android Auto is now preloaded
Samsung Galaxy J4 Android 10 Update (One UI 2.0)
As always, the OTA might take some time to reach every device. But luckily, the firmware is available for manual sideloading. You can download the update file from different sources such as the Frija tool, SamFirm tool, SamMobile website, and more.
- Download Galaxy J4 Android 10 Update (J400FXXU6CTGO)
In case if you want to download the Galaxy J4 Android 10 firmware from Tool then you can enter country code, CSC, PDA, CP (J400FXXU6CTGO). It will list the latest update that you can directly download to your computer.
Once you have the downloaded firmware then you can flash the firmware using the Odin flash tool.
Let us know your experience with the latest Galaxy J4 Android 10 update. In case if you have any queries share it with us in the comment section.