Yesterday, Samsung released One UI 2.0 based Android 10 stable update for the Galaxy J8. Now the news comes out that the company has started rolling out Android 10 Update for Galaxy J7 Duo. The Galaxy J7 Duo was launched back in April 2018 with Android Oreo 8.0, last year, Samsung kicked-off Android Pie 9.0 update. Now the company brings the second major OS updates to its one of the last J-series phones. Here you can Download Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo Android 10 Update (based on One UI 2.0) [Firmware].
The newer build on Galaxy J7 Duo sticks with the J720FDDU6CTG2 build number and weighs a whopping 3GB download size for manual sideload. Although, OTA weighs only 1.2GB. As for now, the OTA is seeding in regions of India, that might take some time to reach other phones. This particular update brings a slew of changes to the Galaxy J7 Duo, thanks to Samsung’s newest custom skin. Other than that, this release will bump up the monthly security patch level from June 2020 to July 2020.
In terms of changes, then Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo knocks up the device with features like enhanced Dark Mode (with Darkened Wallpapers sport), Full Screen navigation gestures, smoother animations, improved Digital Wellbeing, Clearer app icons and colors, Trash feature for Contacts app, Speed and Time units added in a Calculator app, and more. Here you can check the complete changelog before downloading the firmware.
Android 10 Update for Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo – Changelog (Source)
- Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
- Darkened wallpapers, widgets, and alarms while Dark mode is on.
Icons and Colors
- Clearer app icons and system colors.
- Improved layouts for titles and buttons to eliminate wasted screen space.
- Enhanced animations with a playful touch.
Full screen gestures
- Added new navigation gestures.
- Navigate more comfortably on large screens with minimal finger movement.
- Easily focus on what matters with clearly highlighted buttons.
- New ways to access One-handed mode: double tap the Home button or swipe down in the center of the bottom of the screen.
- Settings moved to Settings > Advanced features > One-handed mode.
- High contrast keyboards and layouts for large text have been improved.
- Listen to live speech and display it as text.
Better text over wallpapers
- See text more clearly against wallpaper, as One UI automatically adjusts font colors based on light and dark areas and color contrast in the image below.
Media and devices
- Replaced the SmartThings panel with the Media and Devices.
- Media: Control music and videos playing on your phone as well as other devices.
- Devices: Check and control your SmartThings devices directly from the quick panel.
- The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
- Set goals to keep your phone usage in check.
- Use Focus mode to help avoid distractions from your phone.
- Keep an eye on your kids with new parental controls.
- Added the ability to edit the modes that appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Provided a More tab so you can quickly access hidden modes from the preview screen.
- Improved the layout so you can focus on taking pictures without the settings getting in the way.
- Customize the quick menu to get instant access to the features you use the most.
- Get more information from the app bar.
- Install add-ons from the Galaxy Store to get even more features.
- Added Trash feature for Contacts. Contacts that you delete will stay in the trash for 15 days before being deleted forever.
- Stickers can be added to a date without creating an event.
- Ringtones can be used for event alerts.
- More options are available for repeating reminders.
- Set location-based reminders for a specific period of time.
- Share reminders with your family group and other sharing groups.
- Set reminders for a specific date without an alert.
- Created a Trash feature so you can restore files if you delete something by mistake.
- Added more filters you can use while searching to help you find things quickly.
- You can now copy or move multiple files and folders to different destinations at the same time.
- Added speed and time units to the unit converter.
- Android Auto is now preloaded
- Added tips to help you get the most from your Galaxy.
Download Android 10 Update for Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo
Here’s a good piece of news for the Galaxy J7 Duo users! As below, you’ll find the direct link to the firmware for manually sideloading the One UI 2.0 based Android 10 update on your device. As we know, that the airborne update might take some time to hit every device. You can also grab the firmware from Samsung’s official server using SamFirm tool, Frija, or from any third-party websites. Here’s the direct link from the third-party website.
- Download Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo Android 10 Update (Firmware)
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Download Android 10 Firmware for Galaxy J7 Duo (Specific region or global region recommended) using SamFirm or Frija Tool.
- Download Odin tool on your computer.
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your pc.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
Now you can sideload the Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo Android 10 Update on your smartphone using Odin Flash Tool, here are the steps.
You May Also Like – Best Samsung Themes for Galaxy Phones
If you’re facing any issues while upgrading your smartphone. Then, leave a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: