The Galaxy Flip 4 is Samsung’s latest clamshell. The new flip phone comes with many new features. If you own a Galaxy Z Flip 4 or are thinking of getting one then you must know about useful guides like split screen, screenshot, and factory reset. Here in this guide, we will share how to factory reset Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4.
Factory reset removes all data from the device and makes it similar to a new one. It also removes third party apps that you installed on the phone. So before you begin take a backup of data that you want to recover later.
Why do you need to reset Galaxy Z Flip 4?
There can be many reasons for resetting the device. If there is a problem with the device and there is no solution then a factory reset may solve the issue. Also when you want to sell your device it is recommended to factory reset the device to delete all data. Sometimes updating to a newer version also breaks the device and in that case, reset is one of the solutions.
Not only these three but there can be many other regions as well. So whatever reason it is in your case, you can follow this guide.
How to Reset Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
There is more than one way to factory reset the Galaxy Z Flip 4. Here we are going to share two main methods using which you can reset your phone and make the device like a new one. Since resetting will remove all data from the phone, there are a few points that you need to consider before resetting your phone.
- Take a backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Make sure you remember your mail account password
Reset Galaxy Z Flip 4 from the Settings
If you can access your phone’s settings, you can follow this method, else follow the second method. I am assuming that you have already backed up important data. So let’s jump into the steps.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Scroll down and find the General Management settings and open it.
- In General Management, you will find multiple options.
- Scroll down to the last and you will find the Reset option.
- Tap on the option and then choose factory data reset.
- The next will show what action will be taken if you choose to perform the factory reset option.
- If you are ok with the given details, tap the Reset button > Delete all.
- This will delete all the data from your phone and reboot multiple times.
- After reset you will need to set up your Galaxy Z flip 4 again.
In case you want to only reset specific parts of the device like Network Settings, System Settings, and more, then instead of choosing the factory reset you need to go for the specific options available.
Reset Galaxy Z Flip4 from Recovery
If the above method does not work, then you can follow this method. This guide will work even if you are unable to access Settings or even when touch is not working. We will use the Galaxy Z Flip 4’s stock recovery to reset and wipe all data. Recovery comes in all Android phones which are used in many cases. Here’s how to use Recovery to factory reset the Galaxy Z Flip 4.
- Plug in your Galaxy Z Flip 4 to the charger.
- Now turn off your Galaxy phone.
- Press and hold Power and Volume Up buttons together.
- Keep pressing both buttons until you see the Recovery screen on your device.
- Now use the volume buttons to reach the Wipe data/factory reset option.
- Press the Power button to select it.
- On the next page press Volume down to select Factory Reset and press the Power button to reset Galaxy Z Flip 4.
- Now this will erase all the data from your phone and reset your device.
- After the process, your phone will restart automatically.
- Set up your phone and you are good to go.
So these are the two main methods to reset Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4. I hope you found the guide useful and are able to reset your device. If you have any queries let us know in the comment section.