Samsung’s fourth-generation foldables are Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Galaxy Z Fold 4. Both Samsung Galaxy are now available to the users. As we have already made a guide to capture screenshots on Galaxy Z Fold 4, this guide is about Galaxy Z Flip 4. Here you will know how to take a screenshot on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4. The guide also includes how to capture long screenshot.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 comes with a flip module which sets it apart from other phones in terms of design. And as its form factor is different, some ways of using the phone are also different. We are going to share several guides in the coming days, but in this guide, we will talk about different ways to capture screenshots.
How to Take Screenshots on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Unlike the Galaxy Z Fold 4, taking a screenshot on the Galaxy Z Flip 4 is very easy. This is because Galaxy Z Flip 4 is a compact device whereas Fold 4 is a bigger device or we can also call it a tablet. But you should still know the different ways to take a screenshot on Galaxy Z Flip 4. Knowing several methods will help you in case the power button or volume buttons are not working for some reason.
Screenshot using Buttons Combination
Let’s start the guide with the simple and common method. Using shortcut buttons is the common method used in various Android based devices. For this method to work, the volume button and power button must be working. Here are the steps.
- On your Galaxy Z Flip 4, go to the page you want to capture.
- Now press Volume Down and Power buttons together.
- You will see a screenshot animation.
- And the captured screenshot will display at the bottom with a toolbar for further actions.
- You can view screenshots in the Gallery app.
Screenshot using Gestures
Using gestures to capture screenshots is another easy method that can be used in the Galaxy Z Flip 4. The Galaxy Z Flip 4 comes with Palm gesture support by default, but you can also change it to other gestures for screenshots. This method is helpful if you want to take screenshot on Galaxy Z Flip 4 without the power button or volume button. Here’s how to use gestures.
- Open Settings on your flip phone.
- In Settings, head to Advanced > Motions and Gestures.
- Scroll down to the last and you will find Palm swipe to capture. Make sure it is enabled.
- Now go to the page that you want to capture.
- Now swipe the edge of your hand across the screen, for example, extreme left to right.
- The screenshot will be captured as soon as you apply the gesture.
Now, this was the default gesture that Samsung has included in the Galaxy Z Flip 4. If you want to change the gesture to say three finger swipe down then you can use a third party app to assign the new gesture. But make sure that the gesture does not conflict with the system default gesture. Now let’s move on to the next method.
Screenshot using Assistant menu
Samsung Galaxy including the new Galaxy Z Flip 4 come with the assistant menu. It is like the assistive touch feature on iPhone. This menu saves a lot of users time as a single button contains various control options including screenshots. So if you want to screenshot on Galaxy Z Flip 4 with just two taps then this method is for you.
- To enable the Assistant menu, first open Settings on your Galaxy.
- Now go to Accessibility > Interaction and Dexterity > Assistant Menu.
- Turn the toggle to ON to enable the menu button. Now you will see a small floating button on your screen.
- You can change the tools that are available in the floating button from select Assistant Menu items.
- Go to the page that you want to capture.
- Now tap the floating assistant button and it will display some tools.
- Tap screenshot and it will capture the page.
So these three methods are available in Galaxy Z Flip 4 by default to take a screenshot. Since the Galaxy Z Flip 4 runs on Android, there are endless options for customization, even using third party apps to change the way screenshots are captured.
How to Take Scrolling Screenshot on Galaxy Z Flip 4 (Long Screenshot)
Taking a long screenshot is different from a normal screenshot. It is also known as scrolling screenshot. It captures the entire page including the content that doesn’t fit the screen. Long screenshots are helpful if you want to capture an entire web page, long menu items, a bunch of orders, search results, and more. Scrolling Screenshots is like merging multiple screenshots into one. So if you don’t want to take a lot of screenshots and want to save time and space, you can follow this method.
Not all pages support scrolling screenshots. The Galaxy Z Flip 4 recognizes supported pages and gives the option to take long screenshots or continuous screenshots.
- Go to the page that you want to capture.
- Now take a screenshot using any of the methods mentioned above.
- As soon as you take a screenshot, the screenshot will appear at the bottom with some tools.
- If there are four tools including an icon with two drop down, then you can take long screenshot of that page.
- Tap the icon (scrolling screenshot) and the screenshot will extend. You can tap the icon multiple times until it covers all the page data you want to capture.
- Once done, you can see the long screenshot in Gallery.
So that’s all on how to take a screenshot on Galaxy Z Flip 4. Let us know which is your favorite method for taking screenshots on foldable phones like Galaxy Z Flip 4.