Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 is the latest clamshell from South Korean tech giant Samsung. The new generation Flip comes with all the last generation Flip features and new features as well. And without saying, split view or multi window view is one of the best features in the device. Here I will explain how to split screen on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4.
Multitasking is a feature that we all use on our devices whether it is a phone, PC, or any other device. It comes in handy in many cases such as doing certain tasks while watching tutorials on YouTube, watching and texting at the same time, designing, and much more. So if you are going to use the multitasking feature then you need to know the process to enable Split View.
How to Split Screen on Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
The split screen is quite useful and it is available on almost all recent phones. And the process to use the feature is also the same for most devices. But the different form factor on the Galaxy Z Flip 4 makes it a bit different to use the split screen feature. There’s more than one way to enter split screen on the Galaxy Z Flip 4.
Split Screen using Recent Apps
This is a common method used on all other Android phones as well. So maybe you already know this method. And if you already know it’s going to be even easier. Let’s start with the guide.
- Open the app that you want to use on the split screen.
- Now switch to the Recent Apps Tab which will show all apps running.
- Tap on the app icon that is on top of the app you want to view in split mode.
- There will be some options, choose the one that says ‘Open in Split screen view’.
- Now the split screen view will be enabled.
- To choose the second app use the app drawer in the second window.
- Once you open the app you can use it along with the other app.
- To use the third window at the same time then you can follow the steps mentioned in the last method.
If you have any other Android phone, you can follow the same process on that one too. It is a common and easy method to follow to enter split screen on Galaxy Z Flip 4. Now let’s jump to the next method.
Split Screen using Multi Window Tray
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 comes with multi window tray feature. It is a side screen from where users can open apps from any page on the device. It can also be used for switching to split screen.
- On your Galaxy Z Flip 4, from the right side Swipe to the left to bring the Multi Window tray.
- In the side tray, you will find the list of apps.
- Now drag and drop the app to the top or bottom of the screen.
- The above step will open the app in the selected part of the screen.
- Now drag and drop the second app to another part of the screen.
So this way you can have two apps opened at the same time on the screen. This is a useful method since you can bring the tray icon to any screen. In case you want to open three windows at the same time follow the next method.
Open three windows on Galaxy Z Flip 4
To open more than two apps at the same time on Galaxy Z Flip 4, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the split view using any of the methods shared above.
- Now you have two apps on the same screen.
- On the screen swipe to the left from the right to bring the multi window tray.
- Now drag the third app to the center of the screen.
- This will let you open three apps at the same time.
Now you know how to open multi window on your Galaxy Z Flip 4. You can always switch to any app by drag and drop to any of the three screen view. Also controlling all the opened windows is easier.
To control the top, bottom, or center window you need to tap on the blue bar placed at the top of each window. Tapping on the bar will give multiple options that you can choose to control the split view.
Changing the placement of the partition at the center will resize the split view and also you can use it to exit the split screen on Galaxy Z Flip 4.
So this is the complete guide on Split Screen on Galaxy Z Flip 4. I hope the guide helped you with multitasking. In case you have any queries, then let us know in the comment section.