Earlier this month, Samsung originally started testing the upcoming Android 13-based One UI 5.0 skin on its flagship Galaxy S22 series. Now there’s an incremental beta rolling out in India and UK. As most of the new features were already released with the first beta, the second beta addresses a good set of bugs on the Galaxy S22 and also improves the overall experience of the smartphone.
Samsung is rolling out the second beta of One UI 5.0 to the Galaxy S22 lineup with the ZVHK firmware version. Now talking about the changes, then the new build is rolling out with three new features, including Smart Suggestions Widget, Maintenance Mode, and Privacy Detection.
Maintenance Mode helps you protect personal information while others use your phone, such as in the case of mobile repair. Privacy Detection is another privacy tool that will let you know when you attempt to share photos with sensitive information, like ID cards, passports, or credit cards. As the name suggests, Smart Suggestions Widget will suggest apps or recently added features.
Moving to the fixes, then Samsung addresses the auto-rotate issue S-Pen breakdown, message forwarding issue on Samsung Messages app, unlocking issue on the lock screen with patterns, media player not showing on the lock screen, power saving mode, screen capture cut off issue, and more. The update also brings Bixby Routine Life Style mode and touch sensitivity adjustments.
Apart from the new features and fixes, the changelog confirms that there are still some issues that need to be addressed, hopefully, they will be fixed in the next beta. Check out the list of known issues below.
- lf you don’t update the Samsung Wallet app, it can be automatically removed in the new OS version. Then, you need to re-install Samsung Wallet app by manual.
- There may be an error in the Samsung Wallet Digital Key (Car UWB Key) operation. lf an error occurs, please delete the digital key and re-register it.
*When an error occurs, please update to the latest version of Samsung Members application from Galaxy Store.
This helps resolve issues with partial/missing logs when uploading Error Reports
If you want to try out the One UI 5.0 beta on your Galaxy S22, then you can check out the complete process on this page. After joining the beta program, you will soon receive the Android 13 based One UI 5 Beta OTA update on your phone. And then you can download and install the beta update from Settings > Software Update.
- One UI 5.0 Release Date, Features, Supported Devices, and more
- Android 13 Wallpaper: Is there any new wallpaper in Android 13?
- How to Change Refresh Rate on Samsung Galaxy S22 series
- How to Remove Bloatware from Samsung Phones [without Root & PC]