After Redmi 8A and 8A Dual, the MIUI 12.5 update for Redmi 8 is also available. As you know MIUI 13 has been delayed and so the MIUI 12.5 is the top priority update for Xiaomi devices for now. There are still a few Xiaomi devices remaining for the MIUI 12.5 update. And with the Redmi 8 MIUI 12.5 update one more device off the list. Keep reading to know what’s new in MIUI 12.5 update for Redmi 8.
Android 12 is around the corner and like other OEMs, Xiaomi will also be focusing on Android 12 & MIUI 13 updates. And so we will be seeing regular MIUI 12.5 updates for remaining Xiaomi devices. In fact, past couple of months has been all about MIUI 12.5 update. Most of the eligible Mi, Redmi, and Poco phones are running MIUI 12.5 which is the latest update for Xiaomi phones. Redmi 8 is the latest device getting MIUI 12.5 update which is great news for Redmi 8 users.
Redmi 8 MIUI 12.5 stable update is currently rolling out in India,
but soon it will be available on the Global variant as well. For Redmi 8 users in India, the MIUI 12.5 update is available with build number V126.96.36.199.QCNINXM. The build number can vary for different variants which we will share once it’s available. Since it is one of the major updates, it comes in around 700MB update size. So make sure you have enough internet data to update your phone.
Now coming to the changes and new features, then it is almost the same as MIUI 12.5 update for other phones. Redmi 8 MIUI 12.5 update includes the July 2021 security patch with a bunch of optimizations. Check the changelog section.
Redmi 8 MIUI 12.5 Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
MIUI 12.5 for Redmi 8
The Redmi 8 MIUI 12.5 stable update is now live in India. And so if you are one of the Redmi 8 users in India expect the update to drop on your device anytime soon. For users with different Redmi 8 variants will have to wait for few more days. The MIUI 12.5 update will be available over the air.
In case you don’t get an update notification then you can manually check for the update in Settings. If it’s not available and you want the update immediately then you can manually install the update. Luckily the Redmi 8 MIUI 12.5 OTA zip and Recovery ROM files are available which you can download from the given links.
- Redmi 8 MIUI 12.5 Update (India Stable) [Recovery ROM]
- Redmi 8 MIUI 12.5 Update (India Stable) [OTA Zip] (for V188.8.131.52)
- Redmi 8 MIUI 12.5 Update (Global Stable) [Fastboot ROM]
Before upgrading your smartphone, I recommend taking a backup, before diving into the process and charge your device to at least 50%.
To sideload the OTA zip on V184.108.40.206, you need to head over to the Settings > About Phone > MIUI Update > Three dots > Choose Update package, then select the update package manually. Then, allow the prompts to install the build.
Once the installation process is completed, reboot your Redmi 8 before start using it. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi 8 with Installation Guide
If you’ve any queries, then you can drop the comments in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: