Redmi 8 is one of my favorite low budget smartphones of the year 2019. It packs with specifications that are generally available on mid budget smartphones. The phone is a power pack device with amazing performance. Design and look are also impressive which is the same as higher budget smartphones. If you own the Redmi 8 then here you will guide to install a custom recovery. Here you get to Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi 8 along with Installation guide.
Redmi 8 is a popular phone and custom developers are also interested in its development. The unofficial and official TWRP recovery is now available. Here we will share how to install TWRP on Redmi 8 and how to boot Redmi 8 in Fastboot Mode. But first, let’s know more about TWRP.
TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery project which started years ago and successfully created its fan base. The TWRP comes with amazing features that make it better than other custom recoveries. Installing TWRP on Redmi 8 requires the phone to be in the Fastboot Mode so we also included a guide to boot Redmi 8 into Fastboot Mode.
TWRP Recovery for Redmi 8
How to Boot Redmi 8 into Fastboot Mode
You need to know the procedure to boot Redmi 8 to Fastboot mode. This is helpful not only for installing but also for flashing firmware, updates, unlock bootloader and much more. Each brand has a different process for entering into Fastboot mode/download mode/bootloader.
- Turn off your Phone normally.
- Press & hold Volume Down + Power button together.
- Release both buttons when you see Fastboot mode (Xiaomi bunny Pic).
- Now your Redmi 8 is in Fastboot Mode.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your Computer.
- On your phone open Settings and go to About Phone. Now click 7 times on MIUI Version and it will display ‘You are now a developer’.
- Go back to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options and enable USB debugging.
- Now connect your phone to PC.
- On your PC go to C:\adb. Press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ and ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- Enter the below command
- If it asks for debugging permission then grant it. And after that enter the below command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now your Redmi 8 boot into Fastboot Mode.
Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi 8
TWRP is the best custom recovery and luckily it is available for Redmi 8. It is an official TWRP Recovery and it is a bug free. It means all the features are working perfectly. Thanks to the maintainer oguzbakir for the stable official TWRP Recovery. You can download the latest TWRP Recovery from the below link.
- TWRP Recovery for Redmi 8 – Download
Once you have downloaded the file, you can install the TWRP Recovery. But make sure to follow the requirements.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Make sure to unlock the bootloader (Follow this guide)
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC
Must Check | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Redmi 6 (Pro), 7, 8
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 8
- Copy the downloaded TWRP image file to your computer (C:\adb). And rename it to twrp.img.
- Make sure that the bootloader is unlocked on your phone. Go to developer options (follow the Fastboot guide) and enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Now power off your Redmi 8 normally.
- Press & hold Volume Down + Power button together to boot Redmi 8 into Fastboot Mode.
- When you see Fastboot mode screen release both buttons.
- Then connect your Redmi 8 to your computer while the device in Fastboot Mode.
- On your PC go to C:\adb folder, then press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or ‘Open Command window here’.
- In the Command/PowerShell window enter the below command
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- After the above command, you can reboot your phone to TWRP (Press & hold Volume Up + Power button).
That’s it now you can use all the features of TWRP recovery like installing custom ROMs, custom kernels, ADB sideload, full system backup and more. You can also update your TWRP recovery and to get notification of the latest TWRP recovery you can install the TWRP App on your phone.
So there you have it the complete guide download and install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 8. Let us know about your experience. And in case of any error let us know in the comment section.