OxygenOS 11 is the custom OS based on the latest Android 11 update. OnePlus already rolled out the stable OxygenOS 11 update for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro last year. And OnePlus Nord also received the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta. And as expected OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro also gets the Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 Open Beta or you can say the first Android 11 beta.
OnePlus 7T series is the flagship series of 2019 which was released with Android 10 based OxygenOS 11 out of the box. And the OxygenOS 11 will be its first major update which will be released after the beta testing. And as the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta already available for OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro, you don’t have to wait long for the stable Android 11.
OxygenOS 11 is a major update that comes with a new UI which is similar to One UI and you will not get the Stock Android like experience in the latest update. Although it comes with many new features and performance improvements. According to the feedback from OxygenOS 11 for OnePlus 8 series some users are liking the new update however some users still want the old UI back. The OxygenOS 11 Open Beta on OnePlus 7T series comes with features like overhauled UI design, new AOD, Enhanced Dark Mode, Zen Mode 2.0, updated Camera UI, new shelf interface, and much more.
OnePlus 7T Android 11 Beta Update – Changelog
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone (Path Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
- Always-On-Display feature is under internal test and will be released in subsequent versions. In this build, you can use the “Ambient Display” by picking up your phone or tapping the screen, it can be turned on in the Settings.
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
- Potential risks of increased power consumption and instability.
- In some conditions, the Gallery app might be slower to load and some pictures may not be displayed in the Gallery.
- The devices (earphones, speakers etc.) connected through Bluetooth may not be able to play sound occasionally.
- Brightness adjustment may lag in some conditions.
Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 first beta for OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro
The OxygenOS 11 Open Beta is available for everyone who want to try the Android 11 before its official stable release. As usual OnePlus shared the firmware on their forums. And so you can download the upgrade as well as roll out files.
Note: According to OnePlus, installing the first beta via FOTA zip will wipe the data from your smartphone. Make sure to take a backup before sideloading the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta on your OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro.
OxygenOS 11 first beta update for OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro
Android 10 Stable (Rollback)
How to Install Android 11 Beta on OnePlus 7T (Pro)
- Take a full backup of your phone.
- Copy the downloaded OxygenOS Open Beta file to your phone storage (outside of all folders).
- Then go to Settings > System > System Updates.
- Click on the Settings icon on the top left corner.
- Click on Local Upgrade and select the Android 11 Beta file.
- After selecting the file it will start updating your phone.
- And after the restart, you can use Android 11 on OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro.
Once you are in the beta build and want to roll back to the stable build then the process will wipe all the data. So make sure to take a backup when you plan to rollback.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus 7T
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- How to Root OnePlus 7T and Unlock Bootloader (Guide)
- How to Unbrick OnePlus 7T with MsmDownload Tool
- Download Samsung Galaxy S21 Wallpapers
- OnePlus releases Android 11 first beta for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro