The all-new OnePlus 7T packed with one of the most peculiar camera setups, but this is unarguably the best camera system. The camera setup is similar to the OnePlus 7 Pro, but the software processing makes images sharper and brighter. And the OnePlus 7T brings some noticeable improvements like the new camera system, 90Hz display, processor, and a few other improvements. Like all other OnePlus smartphones, this one also has Camera2 API enabled, which lead us to test GCam on it. Here you can Download Google Camera 6.1 for OnePlus 7T.
The OnePlus 7T’s stock camera app is already performing well in almost every case, thanks to the software implementations made by OnePlus. But, It is worth testing the Google’s Pixel camera app on OnePlus 7T, which is known for obvious reasons. And we test both the apps side by side and the difference in both the apps are quite minimal. But the anticipated Night Sight feature works fine in some conditions. The OnePlus 7T dawns a triple-lens camera setup on the back, with a 48MP primary sensor. And with the help of Google Camera app, you can capture some blazing shots from your OnePlus 7T.
There are many developers who have ported the Google Camera mod for other smartphones. And the port by Xtreme is working on the OnePlus 7T. The GCam 6.1 port is working on the OnePlus 7T, you can also give a try to the latest Google Camera 7.0. Talking about the features then the Google Camera comes with features like Night Sight mode, Portrait Mode, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, PhotoSphere, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, Google Lens, and more. And Here’s the step by step guide on how to Download & Install GCam on OnePlus 7T.
Before Downloading the GCam Mod 6.1, Check our Detailed Guide on Google Camera with its Features & Use
Download Google Camera on OnePlus 7T
Other than the performance, the OnePlus 7T is known for the cameras. And It has Camera2 API enabled by default, so we try testing many Google Camera mod ports on the OnePlus 7T. But only a few ports are useful and working. One of the main reasons is, the OnePlus 7T is running on the Android Q. While the developers have ported the Google Camera app for Android Pie running devices. But Finally, after doing some research we found a compatible GCam for OnePlus 7T, which is ported by Xtreme. Here you can find the download links for the APK.
After downloading the GCam for OnePlus 7T, make sure to apply the below listed recommended settings, which will make this mod port smoother and lighter.
At first, you need to download the configuration file which have all the settings you need to apply on the OnePlus 7T GCam. And restore the settings on your smartphone.
Here’s how you can restore GCam settings on OnePlus 7T.
- At first, Create a new folder named GCam in the root folder and then open GCam folder and make a Configs folder.
- Then, copy the config (OP7TSettingYTECHB.xml) file in /Internal Storage/GCam/Configs/ (folder).
- Open Google Camera and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown (with OP7TSettingYTECHB.xml), available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
- Now, Open the Google Camera app > Settings > Advanced.
- set Back Camera Highlight Saturation to 1.2 & Shadow Saturation to 1.6
- Again head over to the settings > Advanced > Enable Enhanced HDR+.
Note: If the App still not works after restoring the settings, you can go to the System Settings > Apps > Google Camera > Force Stop & open the app again.
How to Install Google Camera on OnePlus 7T
- First, download the GCam Mod from the above link.
- Once downloaded, Install the Google Camera apk on your OnePlus 7T.
- Open the app & grant the needed permissions like Camera, Microphone, Storage, and Location.
- That’s it.
So, start capturing the realistic & amazing pictures with your OnePlus 7T.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 6.2 for any Android Phone
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: