The first update for the OnePlus 8 series is here after the release of OxygenOS 11 for the series. It comes with some new and interesting features. OnePlus has already pushed the same update for beta users about a week ago. OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 stable update is available for both OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.
Last month OnePlus made Android 11 official with the release of OnePlus 8T. And OnePlus 8 Series is the first to receive this update. But the major upgrade came with some bugs like no send button in WhatsApp when selecting any emoji (Still there). I have also noticed the battery performance significantly dropped after updating to Android 11. But finally, the latest OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 update is here which comes with known bug fixes.
The OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 update changelog didn’t mention the battery performance improvement. But we may get battery performance since it comes with improved system stability.
The latest update comes with build version 184.108.40.206IN11DA (for India). And there is a big list of changes such as the inclusion of the Canvas feature. The latest updates also bring the October 2020 security patch on the OnePlus 8 series. You can check the full changelog below.
OnePlus 8 Pro OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 Update – Changelog
- Optimized the frame stability algorithm to make the experience smoother
- Optimized adaptive brightness algorithm, making 8,192 levels of automatic brightness adjustment more comfortable
- Optimized background process management mechanism to improve standby performance
- The quick setting has been adjusted to three lines
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
- Improved system stability
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone (path: Settings-Cutomization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
- Optimized the intelligent 5G function to extend battery endurance capacity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to improve stability of connectivity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to reduce transfer delay
- Fixed the low probability issue that it was muted after connecting to Bluetooth
OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 update is currently rolling out in India and soon will roll out in other regions too. The OTA update is rolling out in batches and it is possible that you may not receive the update in the first batch. So in this case you can manually check for the update or you can also use the System local upgrade option to update your device immediately.
To check for the update head over to Setting > System > System updates and it will show the latest update. Click on the Download & Install button and it will start updating your device.
In case if you don’t see the update in System updates but want to update immediately. Then you can download the update file from Oxygen Updater app or any trusted websites. And then you can install it from Settings > System > System updates > settings icon > Local upgrade. Now select the downloaded file and wait for the process.
I have noticed that the new update enables the OnePlus Shelf for the Swipe Down gesture. So if you want to change back to Notification then you can change from launcher Settings.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus 8 Pro
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: