OnePlus is testing the Android 11 beta on the OnePlus 7 series for a while. And finally, it looks like the flagship series from the Year 2019 starts receiving the latest Android 11 stable update. This week OnePlus also released the stable Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 update for OnePlus 7T series. And it was predictable that the OnePlus 7 series will also get the update soon. Here you will know what’s new in the OnePlus 7 Pro Android 11 stable update.
OnePlus 8 series is the first series from OnePlus to receive the stable Android 11 update and it was about a half year ago. OnePlus has not been impressive this year in terms of updates that it used to be till last year. This may be due to the huge change in UI which received both negative and positive feedback from users. And after four successful beta testing finally, OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro users will also be able to experience the stable Android 11.
The Android 11 update is available for OnePlus 7 Pro users with build number Oxygen OS 11.GM21AA and for OnePlus 7 it is available with build number Oxygen OS 11.GM57AA. And as it is a major update, it weighs more than 2GB which is around 2414MB. The update is rolling out late but it brings a lot of new features. It also updates the security patch to February 2021. Yes, March 2021 is available for some devices but as of now, it is not for OnePlus 7 users.
OnePlus 7 Pro Android 11 Update – Changelog
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
- Updated GMS package to 2021.01
- Since this is the upgrade of Android 11 version with many new features, the upgrade time may be longer. Please wait for the completion of the upgrade
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
The Android 11 update for the OnePlus 7 series is rolling out in batches and it is not region-specific. So, anyone can expect the OxygenOS 11 stable update for their OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro phone. Also, at first, the update will only roll out for limited users. But it will not take much time for a wider rollout.
Users who already installed beta on their OnePlus 7 then you may not be able to upgrade to the public build directly. Updating to the stable build will remove the data on your phone, so make sure to take a backup of your important data.
The update is available to users over the air and you can expect the notification. You can also check for the update manually by going to Settings > System > System Updates. Then click on Download & Install button to install the update.
In case if the update update is not available on your phone, you can sideload the latest Android 11 zip file. You can follow the steps given below.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%
- Backup your data
Steps to Update OnePlus 7 (Pro) to Android 11
- Download the latest stable OxygenOS 11 Zip file from the OnePlus forum or Oxygen Updater app.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your phone storage. Keep it outside of every folder.
- Now open Settings on your phone and go to System > System updates.
- Tap on the Settings icon and then tap on Local Upgrade.
- Browse and select the OxygenOS 11 zip file and install it.
- Restart your phone and enjoy the latest OxygenOS update.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 6.1 for OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.