Back in January 2021, OnePlus initially started testing OxygenOS 11 on the OnePlus 7T series. After successfully pushing a bunch of beta builds, the company has started pushing the stable OxygenOS 11 based Android 11 update to the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro. This means if you own an OnePlus 7T or OnePlus 7T Pro, you can finally experience much-awaited features like AOD. Here we will share what’s new in the OnePlus 7T Pro Android 11 stable update
Users already start receiving the latest stable Android 11 update. And their joy can be seen in the OnePlus forum. OnePlus 7T series is the flagship series in the year 2019. It should have received the update sooner but the company took all the time in the world to push the latest update. Since OnePlus has a limited phone collection, the update should be more frequent.
Coming back to the stable Android 11 update for OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro, the update is available to users in India. It comes with build number Oxygen OS 11.HD65AA for OnePlus 7T. It is a big update for OnePlus 7T users and it brings a lot of new features. If you are waiting for a long time, then finally it’s time to experience the latest OS. You can check all the changes coming with the update.
OnePlus 7T (Pro) Android 11 Update – Changelog
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
- Updated GMS package to 2021.01
- Since this is the upgrade of Android 11 version with many new features, the upgrade time may be longer. Please wait for the completion of the upgrade
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
Note: Some users reported issues with the Camera app. After updating to Android 11, the OnePlus 7T camera crashes or only showing a black screen. It is not the case with all users but many users are facing this issue.
If you also have the same issue with the camera app, then try clearing cache & data for the app. And restart your phone. Also a few users reporting heating issue.
The update is available to users over the air and you can expect the notification. You can also check for the update manually by going to Settings > System > System Updates. Then click on Download & Install button to install the update.
In case if the update update is not available on your phone, you can sideload the latest Android 11 zip file. You can follow the steps given below.
- Charge your phone to at least 60%
- Backup your data
Steps to Update OnePlus 7T to Android 11
- Download the latest stable OxygenOS 11 Zip file from the OnePlus forum or Oxygen Updater app.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your phone storage. Keep it outside of every folder.
- Now open Settings on your phone and go to System > System updates.
- Tap on the Settings icon and then tap on Local Upgrade.
- Browse and select the OxygenOS 11 zip file and install it.
- Restart your phone and enjoy the latest OxygenOS update.
Update 1: Update Pulled
Just after a week OnePlus pulled the buggy OxygenOS 11 update for OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro. Earlier OnePlus also pulled the update in China and now due to the same issues the stable Android 11 update pulled globally.
As per users, the System update is no longer available for download. So, if you haven’t updated to the latest stable Android 11, then wait for the fix to avoid any kind of issue.
In the latest stable update, users are facing challenges like a massive decrease in battery life performance as well as camera performance. And I think both are important for daily usage. The same issue appeared with the OnePlus 8 series a while ago but it wasn’t on large scale and so it wasn’t pulled. And later OnePlus fixed the issue.
So, wait for the next news from OnePlus and avoid upgrading till the OEM fixes these issues.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera 6.1 for OnePlus 7T
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: