Last month, Redmi by Xiaomi launched two new entry-level smartphones in India in the form of Redmi 8 & 8A. And now both the units have received MIUI 11 update which is based on Android Pie 9.0. Xiaomi’s newest custom skin brings some cool new features alongside the latest security patch. Here you can Download MIUI 11 for Redmi 8 & Redmi 8A (with OTA ZIP download link).
After rolling out the update for the recently launched mid-range smartphones, Xiaomi starts pushing the update for the entry-level Redmi lineup phones. The OTA (over-the-air) update is currently weeding on some units in India. If you’re in a hurry and want to taste Xiaomi’s newest custom skin, then you can manually download the recovery ROM from below-listed links and update your smartphone.
MIUI 11 update brings features like system-wide Dark Mode, Always on Display, some enhancements, new animations, stock wallpapers, and few other features. The software comes with version number V22.214.171.124.PCPINXM for Redmi 8A & V126.96.36.199.PCNINXM for Redmi 8. And both the firmware weighs around approx. 1.85GB in size. Before downloading the firmware, take a look at the full changelog.
MIUI 11 Update Changelog for Redmi 8 & 8A
Comprehensive design optimized for fullscreen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content.
Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones.
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds.
- Preview your documents before you open them.
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer.
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
- Record and track your menstruation cycle
- Updated Android Security Patch to October 2019. Increased system security.
Game Speed Booster
- New: Continous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now.
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now.
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on.
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now.
Download Redmi 8/8A MIUI 11 Update [Firmware]
The MIUI 11 stable update is now available for the Redmi 8 & 8A. If you’re interested to taste the features of MIUI 11, then you can download the update and then manually update your smartphone. You can also use the Google Camera app on Redmi 8. The update also comes with the October 2019 security patch. Here are the download links.
- Before updating, Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
- You can also use the Fastboot ROM if it is available, using Mi Flash Tool & Xiaomi USB Drivers.
How to Install MIUI 11 Update
- Download the firmware file from the above link.
- Copy the file on your smartphone, in the internal or external storage.
- Now open your smartphone settings > about phone > system updates or launch the updater app.
- Then, click on the three-dots menu icon available at the top right corner.
- Head over to the choose update package option and select the downloaded file.
- That’s it.
Once done, you can restart your smartphone and start using it in the stable MIUI 11 update.
You May Also Like – Best Gradient Wallpapers for Android [4K]
If you’ve any doubts regarding this article. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
- Best MIUI Themes for Xiaomi Phones
- Download Mi Drop for PC [Latest]
- Download Mi Account Unlock Tool
- How to Disable Ads on all Xiaomi Phones