Notifications are a very useful feature, but won’t in the case while playing the games. So, today we have a tutorial on how to disable notifications while playing games on Android. Playing the games is one of the best things to do on your Android phone. Especially Games like Fortnite and PUBG and you can lose the game/match due to the annoying notification beeps. So, It is must you may know how to disable the head-up notifications on Android.
How to Disable Notifications on Android
1. Method – (Block App Notifications)
This method works on Android Marshmallow 6.0 or later versions. You can easily disable notifications on Android. Here’s how:
- At first tap and hold on the notification of the app, you want to block.
- Then choose, Block all notifications or Show Notifications silently.
- Tap on More settings for further actions.
- That’s it.
Block all notifications will block every single notification from the app you want to block. While the Show Notifications Silently will silently place the notifications in the notification bar and doesn’t show the popup during playing the games. You can also choose override Do Not Disturb, which will show the priority only.
2. Method – (MacroDroid App) – Play PUBG without Interruptions
MacroDroid is a device automation app, allows you to manage your daily tasks easily with its smart user interface. It will be automating the activities like the notifications, volume, alarms, or different actions. So, let’s see how to disable notifications on Android while playing games, especially games like PUBG.
- At first, download the MacroDroid app from the Play Store.
- Once done, Open the app and grant the needed app permissions.
- Tap on Add Macro option.
- Head over to applications in trigger section. Under Applications, tap on Application launched/closed option, then choose the app you want to trigger the action.
- It will require accessibility permissions, enable all the needed options. And head over to Actions section.
- Under Actions section, tap on the Volume option and choose the Priority Mode / Do Not Disturb mode. Then choose allow priority notifications or Block All option.
- Once done, again go back to triggers section and tap on applications then selection application closed option and choose the same app or game you previously chose.
- Now, Go to Actions and disable the block all notifications under the volume section.
- That’s it.
Alternate options, you can also disable the notifications after selecting the app under the actions section. Under notifications, choose clear notifications and select clear all option. This option will automatically clear all the notification, while you’re playing games on your Android phone.
Here’s How – Go to system > settings > battery > three-dots menu icon > battery optimization > choose the app > disable/enable.
After applying those settings, Make sure to check the battery optimization is disabled for the MacroDroid app. If it is not disabled, you need to disable it.
Not every smartphone comes with a gaming mode, so you can enable this feature to disable notifications. So, PUBG users you can now play the game without any interruptions! If you’ve any queries, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article to your friends.