Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S4 Active are one of the best phones in its age. The Galaxy S4 series was so popular and still the development for the phone is going on and this is great for S4 users. Recently S4 & its Active version are now added to the official LineageOS 16 list. And if you like LineageOS ROM then this is a chance to upgrade your phone to Android Pie. Here you will know how to download & install LineageOS 16 on Samsung Galaxy S4 & S4 Active.
LineageOS 16.0 is a ROM based on Android 9 Pie and it delivers all the experience that is available on stock Android. Earlier Unofficial LineageOS 16 was available for Galaxy S4 and now the official version of the same is live. Many of the users must have been waiting for this great ROM. And if you are one of those here you can download LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S4 with installation guide. Samsung Galaxy S4 is one of the best phones but now the phone has no official update and support which means you can not experience Android Pie on it until you try a custom ROM. And LineageOS os among the popular custom ROMs and you should try it.
Now coming to the LineageOS 16 features which come with most of the Android Pie goodies. LineageOS 16 is loaded with top-notch features like customizations, high security, power-efficient and more. If you like gaming then also you can choose LineageOS as it offers great gaming experience by enhancing the device performance. You can also try digital wellbeing on your phone (If it is not available then check out this guide). Below you will find the recent changelogs about LineageOS 16.
LineageOS 16.0 – Changelogs (Changes after 1st March)
- AOSP’s Night Display now controls night mode (on recent devices only, such as those with a Snapdragon 820 or more recent)
- LiveDisplay remains available for all its other features
- The volume panel can now be expanded to control all the various volume streams
- The volume panel can now be optionally relocated to the left
- Expanded quick settings are back
- Detailed views for the following tiles are available: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data, Location, Profiles
- New default wallpaper and a new wallpapers app with many new, and old, wallpapers
- Other than the usual nature, urban and abstract themed wallpapers, monochromatic and gradients wallpapers are now available
- Privacy Guard now supports apps in the Work Profile
- It’s possible to add up to two LockScreen shortcuts again
- Circle battery is back after being missing since LineageOS 13.0
- Notification ringtone level can be unlinked from phone calls ringtone level
- GPS battery saving mode can now be enabled from the Settings
- Vim has been updated to version 8.1
- Nano has been updated to version 4.2
- Fixed issue were using certain private DNS caused devices to crash thanks to backported fix from Q
- Support for bluetooth SBC DualChannel HD has been added (both 15.1 and 16.0)
- Performance improvements for Eleven (music player app) (both 15.1 and 16.0)
- Updated call recording configurations (both 15.1 and 16.0)
- Call recordings are (dis)allowed on countries basing on laws and/or legal precedents. Informations with links are available in the source code.
- These countries now support call recording: Albania, American Samoa, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Belarus, Bonaire, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Curaçao, Cyprus, Estonia, Faroe Islands, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Georgia, Greece, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, New Caledonia, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Peru, Russia, Réunion, Saba, Saint Barthélemy, Saint-Martin, Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon, Serbia, Singapore, Sint Eustatius, Sint Maarten, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, Ukraine and Wallis-et-Futuna.
- These countries have been blocked from call recording: Andorra, Iceland, Indonesia, Monaco, Switzerland, the United States of America and some of its territories – Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the United States Virgin Islands.
- Countries not mentioned in these lists that already had call recording enabled will retain the ability to record calls.
- April, May, and June security patches have been merged (both 15.1 and 16.0)
- WebView has been updated to Chromium 74.0.3729.157 (both 15.1 and 16.0)
Download LineageOS 16.0 for Samsung Galaxy S4 & S4 Active
LineageOS and Pixel Experience ROM is among the top priorities of users. The reason is its performance and time to time update. If you have ever used a custom ROM on Android phone then you already know that a zip file is required to install a custom ROM. So download the zip file using the below official download link.
Download LineageOS 16 for Samsung Galaxy S4 (VZW)
Download LineageOS 16 for Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505/G, SGH-M919)
After downloading the flashable LineageOS zip file you can easily install it on your phone. Just follow the install guide and you can install the LineageOS ROM in a few minutes. Let’s now start the installation guide.
How to Install LineageOS 16 on Samsung Galaxy S4
The installation guide is very similar to any other Android phone. You just need to fulfill the requirements and you will be able to use LineageOS 16 on your Galaxy S4. But first, make sure to follow prerequisites.
- Bootloader should be unlocked
- Custom Recovery is required (TWRP Recovery Link)
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Take a full backup of data (This will erase all the data) for clean flash
Steps to Install LineageOS 16
- Download the LineageOS 16.0 ROM for your model. Also, download the Android 9 GApps zip file.
- Turn off your phone completely. Then boot the phone into a custom recovery such as TWRP recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Wipe data & cache in Advance options.
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB cable.
- Transfer both LineageOS ROM & GApps to phone storage.
- In TWRP, go to Install and flash the LineageOS 16.0. After ROM flash the GApps file if you want to install Google Apps.
- Reboot to the system and set up your device.
If you want to root your phone download Magisk and flash Magisk through TWRP Recovery. So there you have it the complete guide on LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S4. If you get any error then comment down below with the problem/question. And we will reply with the solution/answer.