OnePlus launched the OnePlus 6 & 6T last year, both phones are one of the best smartphones in terms of performance. Both the phones are running on Oxygen OS based on Android 9.0 Pie with a clean UI. No doubt Oxygen OS is the best skin in terms of performance and usability, but still using your phone with a single hand is not an easy task. So, let’s see How to Install One UI on OnePlus 6/6T.
Samsung’s One UI is the new skin is based on Android Pie 9.0, and available for the Samsung Galaxy S8/8+, S9/9+, Note 8 & Note 9. One of the major highlights to the One UI is the one-handed use, in which all the interactive elements are shifted bottom of the screen. As it comes with amazing new features, developers have ported Android Pie (9.0) based One UI to OnePlus 6/6T. So, how about to test it on your OnePlus 6/6T.
Before Installing the One UI Port: Here’s our Detailed Article on One UI
In this article, I will guide you How to Install the One UI on your OnePlus 6/6T step-by-step.
- Before flashing, Make sure to take a backup of your personal files and data.
- Make sure to charge your phone more than 50%, it will take some time to download and install the update.
- Must Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6 & OnePlus 6T
- You’ll need a Windows PC to flash the phone
- Charge your phone more than 50%, because the process will take time to update the phone.
- Make sure that OnePlus 6T is running on Oxygen OS 9.0.7+ & the OnePlus 6 on Open Beta 8 firmware.
- Download Latest TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 6 & OnePlus 6T
Note: Since it is a ported custom ROM, you may interact with some bugs.
Download Samsung One UI Port for OnePlus 6/6T
ProtoDeVNan0 (XDA-Member) has ported the one UI for OnePlus 6 & 6T. The ROM runs very smoothly during testing. As it is based on Android Pie 9.0 One UI, it will change the build number to N960USQU1CSAA (Galaxy Note 9 firmware). So, Let’s download the one UI port for OnePlus 6/6T.
You May face these issues while using OnePlus 6/6T on One UI:
- Alert Slider does not work properly
- Brightness goes from 50% to 100%
- Samsung Cloud
- Bixby works after updating
- Few More
How to Install One UI Port on OnePlus 6/6T
- First Download the file and extract the ZIP on your PC.
- Switch off the phone and boot it into fastboot mode by press and hold Power button and Volume down button simultaneously.
- Now connect your phone to your system via USB cable.
- Go to the folder where the file is available, and click on flasher_windows.bat to the run script.
- Once the flashing process has completed, reboot your OnePlus 6/6T into TWRP Recovery mode. By press and hold the Power button and Volume Up simultaneously.
- Copy the One UI backup folder from your PC and paste it in TWRP/backups/ folder on your phone.
- Once done, go back to TWRP homepage and select restore then select backup to give the file you just copied on your phone.
- Then, swipe for the confirmation.
- Once done, reboot your smartphone.
- In the Setup Wizard process, make sure to skill all the steps and do not enter WiFi details.
- Once done, install Chrome.APK available in the ZIP file to run the Google Play Store.
- That’s it.
Disclaimer/Warning: Flashing an Custom ROM or unlocking bootloader may void your smartphone’s warranty. And the Samsung OTA’s will brick your phone.
This is the simplest and the easiest way to install ported One UI on OnePlus 6/6T. If you’ve any queries drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: