Internet Download Manager extension is available for almost every browser. But sometimes due to some unsupported files, we get the error, and so IDM extension doesn’t work. Also, sometimes the IDM extension doesn’t automatically add in browsers like Chrome. We managed to share the idmgcext.crx file that will help to add IDM extension on Chrome and other browsers. Here you will get to Download IDM Chrome Extension CRX file.
Windows users are well aware of the popular download manager called IDM (Internet Download Manager). It is one of the essential software applications for most Windows users. For entertainment and work purposes, we have to download files like Videos, Music, Documents, Games, and other files. And the only known and popular software for downloading files is IDM. But what if it gives an error or not catching download links. In this case, we can reinstall the IDM extension manually using the IDMGCExt.CRX file.
Here in this guide, we will share the idmgcext.crx download link along with the guide to add IDM extension on Chrome, Mozilla, and Opera browser. But before that, let’s clear some basics like reasons for IDM extension error. It will give you the idea that what is causing the error so that you can avoid it next time when installing the IDM.
What are the Reasons for IDM Chrome Extension not Working?
There can be many reasons for IDM Extension not working on Chrome and other browsers. Mainly it is because of missing idmgcext file. But still, check out the below list to ensure not to follow the repeat points when using IDM.
- It can be due to missing idmgcext.crx file in the installation path
- If you are using a modified or patched IDM software
- Older version of IDM which doesn’t support on newer versions of Chrome browser
- If you are using the old version of IDM extension
- Missing IDM extension after reinstalling Chrome or other browsers
- IDMGCExt file might be renamed or changed the file extension
So these are some reasons that are responsible for the IDM Chrome extension not working. Now that you are aware of the reasons, let’s get into the guide to resolve the issue.
Download IDM Extension IDMGCExt.crx file for Chrome, Mozilla, & Opera
To fix and install the IDM Extension on your browser first step will be downloading idmgcext.crx file. This file is compatible with all the browsers that support extensions. If you are unable to download videos from YouTube or other files from the Web, then this is one of the most effective methods to get this resolved. We managed to find the idmgcext.crx file for you that you can use to install IDM Extension on Chrome manually. You can download the file using the below link.
- Download IDM Chrome Extension – IDMGCExt.CRX
Where you can find IDMGCExt.crx File
If you have installed the Internet Download Manager, then the IDM extension file may be present on your computer. And here in this section, we will guide to find the idmgcext.crx on the computer.
- Go to C: Drive or the drive where you have installed the IDM.
- Now go to the location Program Files (x86) > Internet Download Manager.
- In the Internet Download Manager, search for idmgcext.crx file that you can find above the IDMGrHlp.exe.
- Remember the location of the file as we will need it to install IDM Chrome Extension.
If you didn’t find the idmgcext.crx file in the install location, then use the file given in the download link. Lets now check the method to install idmgcext.crx on Chrome and other browsers.
How to Install IDM Chrome Extension
This method will also work on Mozilla, Opera, and other browsers, along with Google Chrome.
- After downloading the zip file, extract the file on your computer.
- You will get the idmgcext.crx file in the extracted folder.
- Now open the Google Chrome or other browser on your computer.
- Click on the three-dot on the top right corner.
- Then select More Tools > Extensions.
- Check if there is IDM Extension already present. Remove the IDM Chrome extension if it is already present.
- Now drag and drop the idmgcext.crx file to the Extension page on your browser.
- It will give a pop up for confirmation, so click on ‘Add Extension.’
- Restart your browser, and the IDM Extension will work for downloading any type of file.
But in case if this method didn’t work, then we have another method that can fix the IDM Extension issue. In this method, we will help you to add IDM Extension on Browsers.
Must Check | How to Resume Non-Resumable files in IDM
How to Install IDM Extension on Chrome, Mozilla, and Opera
For this method, you don’t need the IDM Chrome Extension crx file as there is already an official IDM Extension available on the extension store.
- Open Google Chrome or other browsers in which you want to add IDM Extension.
- Click on three-dot on the top right corner.
- Then select More Tools > Extension.
- Now click on three bars on the top left corner and then select ‘Open Chrome Web Store.’
- Search for Internet Download Manager, and if it doesn’t appear, then go to this link for Chrome (for Mozilla).
- In the IDM Extension page, click on ‘Add to Chrome.’
- A pop-up will appear for confirmation, so click on ‘Add to Chrome.’
- The IDM Extension will be added to your browser.
I hope one of the methods worked for you. Now you can enjoy the Internet Download Manager to download Videos, Music, Games, Movies, and other files using its extension.
So there you have it the complete guide on IDM Chrome Extension crx download and how to add the chrome extension. If you have any queries regarding IDM, then let us know in the comment section.