Windows is what I prefer when I want to download anything in High Speed. There is no problem until you have a super fast connection. But what if we are using a low-speed net? Then, in this case, this post will help you a lot. So here you will read How to Increase Download Speed in Windows.
At some case, we don’t even get the max speed up to our plan limit. If this is happening with your connection then the method listed in this post is definitely going to help you. If you have a question – Is we are going to get more speed than our plan limit? Then this is not possible but you are going to get the max of your plan. It is really frustrating when we don’t get speed according to the plan and also the speed fluctuates a lot. Let’s see methods to Increase Download Speed.
How to Increase Download Speed in Windows
1. Increase Download Speed in IDM
IDM is the most used download manager of all time. This is my personal favorite download manager that I use on Windows. If you are facing the low-speed download problem that is even lesser than your plan speed. Then you can follow this method to Increase Download speed in Windows.
- Open IDM on your Windows.
- You will see various icons. From icons see the options and click on it.
- Now you are in the configuration page. Go to Connections tab.
- Under Connection Type/Speed select the last one (High Speed).
- Now below Connection Type/Speed, you will see a section max connections bar in which under Default max connection number select the last one (32).
- And then click on OK.
- Done now will see the increase in Download speed in IDM.
Also Read: How to Increase Internet Speed Using CMD
2. Clean DNS Cache to Increase Download Speed
Windows stores lot of DNS cache which can also be one of the reasons to decrease the download speed. So, in this case, you need to remove DNS cache. Along with DNS cache also remove all the files and folders from Temp folder (Temporary). Temp folder stores temporary files, most of which are of no use. So it will be better to remove temporary files. Let’s check How to Increase Download Speed by deleting DNS cache.
- Right Click on Start icon and click on PowerShell (Admin) or CMD (Admin).
- Type the following command on the PowerShell: ipconfig /flushdns
- Now press Enter. It will show the Successful message and then Exit the PowerShell.
- After clearing or flushing the DNS cache, Delete all the files from Temp folder.
- Go to C:\Users\PC name\AppData\Local\Temp AppData may be hidden so make sure to unhide the folder. OR Go to Run and search for %TEMP%.
- Delete all the files and folders from Temp folder.
- After this step Restart your system and enjoy fast downloading.
These are the easy way to increase download speed in windows and IDM. I hope these methods are helpful for you. And the most important thing is Enjoy Downloading.