Video games have come a long way and it’s become even easier to access and play them. With better technology, you can now easily play large and heavy triple-A games on almost any device. When it comes to the gaming console scene, did you know that you can easily play your PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 games easily on any other device out there and not just only on the gaming console?
Remote Play is a great way to access and play your PlayStation games on other devices out there such as your PC and smartphone. So, if you are someone that owns a PlayStation, you might want to know how Remote Play works and what you would need in order to get remote play working as well. Here is everything you need to know.
How to Make Use of Remote Play with Your PS4 and PS5
Before we take a look at how you can make use of Remote Play on other devices from your PS4 and PS5, here are the things that you will need.
- PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console
- An Android, iOS, macOS, or Windows PC with connectivity to WiFi
- PS Remote Play App
- Playstation 4/5 controller
- PlayStation game that is compatible with Remote Play capabilities
- WiFi Speeds of 5 Mbps and above.
Setting Up Remote Play on PlayStation Console
Now, let’s take a look at how you can set up Remote Play on your PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles.
Setup Remote Play on PS5
- Switch your PS5 console and connect it to the internet.
- Grab the controller and select the Settings icon from the home screen of your PS5.
- Navigate to System, followed by Remote Play.
- Finally, select Remote Play and make sure to enable it.
- You now have enabled Remote Play on your PS5.
Setup Remote Play on PS4
- Power up the console and connect it to your WiFi network,
- From the Function screen on your PS4, navigate and select Settings.
- Now, choose Remote Play Connectivity Settings.
- Make sure to select Enable Remote Play
Download the PlayStation Remote Play App
Now that you have set up Remote Play on your PS4 and PS5 console, it’s time to download the app and install it on your particular device. Click on the device platform of your choice below to download the Playstation Remote Play app.
PlayStation Remote Play System Requirements
Here are the requirements that your PC and macOS system needs to meet, in order to support and play PS Remote Play.
PC System Requirements for PS Remote Play
- OS: Windows 10 32 or 64 bit
- CPU: Intel Core i7 or AMD Equivalent
- Storage Space: 100MB
- RAM: 2GB
- Display Resolution: 1024 x 768
- Sound Card
- USB Ports
macOS System Requirements for PS Remote Play
- OS: macOS High Sierra
- Storage Space: 40MB
- RAM: 2GB
- Sound Card
- USB Port
These are the bare minimum requirements your PC or macOS device needs to have in order to run PS Remote Play smoothly. On the PlayStation console side of things, your PS4 or PS5 should be running on the latest firmware version. So make sure your PS4 / PS5 is up to date.
Remote Play Using macOS or Windows System
Now that you have installed the required Remote Play app for your system, it’s time to make use of the Remote Play function. Let’s get started.
- Power up your PS4 or PS5 console.
- Now, connect your Playstation controller to your Windows or macOS system. This can be done using Bluetooth.
- Alternatively, you can use the controller with the USB cable as well.
- Now, launch the PS Remote Play app on your macOS or Windows PC.
- You now need to sign in with the same PlayStation account that has been used to sign in on your console.
- Once signed in, you should be able to select your PS4 or PS5 right away.
- The Remote Play app will search for the selected console and will connect automatically.
- You should now see your console’s screen on your Windows or macOS system right away.
- Select the game you like and play it right away on your Windows or macOS system.
Remote Play Using Mobile Device
Whether you own an Android or an iOS device, the steps are the same. So follow it along to make use of Remote Play on your mobile device.
- Connect your PS4/PS5 and your Android/iOS device to the same WiFi network.
- Launch the Remote Play app on your mobile device.
- Make sure to sign in with the same account used on your PlayStation console
- You should be seeing your console’s screen on your mobile device right away.
- You can connect your PlayStation wireless controller to your mobile device via Bluetooth.
- Simply select the game and play it on your mobile device right away.
Remote Play Your PS5 Using Your PS4
Apart from just using your PC or phone to play your console’s game, do you know that you can play games from one generation of a console onto another? Here are the steps.
- Make sure that your PS4 and your PS5 are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Now, on your PS4, launch the PS Remote Play app.
- It will now ask you to select your PS5 in order to find it on the network.
- Once found, you can directly play any game on your PS4 that has been installed on your PS5 right away.
Remote Play Your PS4 Using Your PS5
If you have a PS4 console with you, you can easily play those games on your PS5 without having to download the game or insert the disc. Thanks to Remote Play, you can easily play the older console’s games on your console straight away. Follow these steps
- Connect both consoles to your WiFi network. They should be on the same WiFi network.
- On your PS5 console, select the Games home screen and choose the Remote Play app.
- Now, choose PS4. The Remote Play app will now search for your PS4.
- You might be asked to sign into a PS4 account. Make sure to sign in with the right account.
- Once connected to your PS4, you can simply select your game and play it right away on your PS5 console.
This concludes the detailed guide on how you can use PlayStation’s Remote Play feature with any device out there, including your own PlayStation 4 or 5 consoles. This is a great way to share and play games without having to download games or insert discs to play these games.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comment section below.
- How to change Background on PS4 and PS5 [Guide]
- How to Connect PlayStation VR 2 to PlayStation 5 [Guide]
- How To Use Discord Voice Chat On PlayStation 5
- How to watch Paramount Plus on PS4 and PS5 [Guide]
- How to Connect Oculus Quest 2 to PS5 [Guide]
- How to use Alexa as Speaker for TV, PlayStation, and Xbox