Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you come home after a long day and turn on your Roku TV to watch something while having dinner, only to discover that your Roku TV is reading out every selection and everything it sees on the screen? Someone has enabled the on-screen reader for your Roku device by mistake. For most people it can be annoying but, this is a great feature for those persons who are visually impaired.
If there is no one in your household that requires the need for a screen reader on the Roku device, you can easily turn this feature off. It’s simple and easy. Read on to know more.
How to Turn Off Screen Reader on Roku
Because the voice that keeps reading everything on your Roku device can be annoying, you would want to turn off or get rid of the voice as quickly as you can. So, here are the steps that you need to disable the screen reader on your Roku device.
- Grab the Roku remote and power up your Roku device.
- Ensure that you are on the main home screen of your Roku device.
- Press the home button on your Roku remote.
- Choose the Settings option from the menu that pops up.
- With the Settings menu open, highlight and press the right button on your remote when you see the Accessibility option.
- Under Accessibility, navigate and select the Screen Reader option.
- Choose the off option to turn the Screen Reader off.
How to Turn Off Audio Guide on Roku
The Audio Guide is another audio-based feature for visually impaired persons. You can follow these steps to turn the feature off
- Grab the remote for your Roku device and press the Home button.
- Choose the Settings option on your screen.
- With Settings selected, navigate and choose the Accessibility option.
- All you need to do is highlight and select the option that reads Audio Guide.
- You will be able to choose between the On and Off option. Choose the off option to turn off the Audio Guide on your Roku device.
- This is how you can turn off the Audio Guide on your Roku device easily.
This concludes the guide on how you can turn off the screen reader as well as the audio guide on your Roku device. There is a high chance that this feature might have been enabled by mistake. Because all it takes to enable this feature is that you press the Asterisk button on your remote four times. Once that happens, the screen reader or Audio Guide will be enabled.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
- How to Program Roku Remote to TCL Roku TV
- Can You Connect Apple AirPods to Roku TV?
- Roku reveals new Roku OS 12 and brand new Roku TV Lineup
- How to Fix Roku Remote Volume Buttons Not Working
- List of Free Channels available on Roku [2023 Updated]
- How To Cast Oculus Quest 2 to TCL TV [Android and Roku OS]