Virtual Reality gaming has been around for a while but is now gaining a lot of popularity. One of the most popular virtual reality headsets is the Meta Quest 2, formally known as the Oculus Quest 2. Now with the Oculus Quest 2, you can play a handful of games either in single-player mode or in multiplayer mode either with people online or with your own friends.
Since the Meta Quest 2 is a standalone device that has its own OS and storage built into it, many people don’t find it necessary to connect it to cast to the TV. However, if you are someone that plans onscreen recording or for that matter even streaming your gameplay to platforms like Twitch, YouTube, or Facebook Gaming, you might want to connect and cast your Quest 2 VR headset to the TV. And if you are someone that owns a TCL Android or TCL Roku TV, here’s how to connect Oculus Quest 2 to TCL TV.
Table of Contents
How To Cast Oculus Quest 2 To TCL Smart TV
Before we begin, you can easily use either an Android-powered TCL smart TV or a RokuOS powered TCL smart TV. Either way, the method or steps to cast your Quest 2 VR headset to the TV is the same. So you don’t have to worry about it. The only thing that you need to ensure is that your Quest 2 headset and your TCL smart TV should be connected to the same wifi network.
Connect Oculus Quest 2 To TCL TV
In this method, we are going to look at how you can connect your Quest 2 to your TCL smart TV without using any PC or mobile device. Let’s get started.
- Power up your Quest 2 and your TCL smart TV.
- Connect both devices to the same wifi network. This is important.
- Make sure that your TCL Smart TV and the Meta Quest 2 are running the latest software updates.
- Press the Oculus button on the right-hand controller.
- You will see the Home menu of the Quest 2 appear on the screen.
- Select the Share option from the bottom portion of the screen.
- Now, select the Cast option at the top right corner of the screen.
- Meta Quest 2 will begin to look for Wireless displays connected to the same wifi network.
- Your TCL Smart TV should now show up in the list of wireless displays.
- Select your TCL Android or TCL Roku TV and watch your Quest 2 cast itself to your TV wirelessly.
Cast Meta Quest 2 To TCL TV with Meta Quest App
As we have seen the above method that allows you to directly connect your Quest 2 headset to the TV, the second method can be used in case the person who will be using the headset is unable to understand the Meta Quest 2 settings and controls. No matter what the reason is, the steps mentioned below will help you out.
Do note that in this case, you will be making use of the Meta Quest app for Android and iOS. In the case of the iPhone, you need to ensure that your TCL Android TV or your TCL Roku TV has Apple AirPlay support. If not this method will not work for you and the first method is the best option.
- Switch on your Oculus Quest 2 and your TCL smart TV. Also, connect both devices to the same wifi network.
- Download the Meta Quest app on your Android or iOS device.
- Connect your mobile device to the same wifi network as that of the Quest 2 and your TCL Smart TV.
- Sign in to the app with the same account used to set up your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
- On your Android and iOS devices, you should see the Cast button at the top of the app.
- Tap on it to search for your TCL Smart TV.
- When your TCL Smart TV shows up in the list, tap on it. You can now cast your Quest 2 to your TCL Smart TV via your Android or iOS device.
This concludes the guide on how you can connect and cast your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset to your TCL Smart TV either with or without a mobile device. Both methods allow you to wirelessly connect your headset to the smart TV. Once you have the headset connected to your TCL TV, everyone else who is in the room will be able to see on the big-screen TV what you are seeing in the headset. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Meta Quest Guides: