To use streaming services like Netflix, you need to log in to access. And if you want to switch to another account then you need to log out of the service first. This guide is about how to sign out of Netflix on Roku. The process varies for different Roku devices.
Roku TVs and Streaming devices are popular and used widely including for streaming content. One of the popular streaming services is Netflix which is also available on Roku to enjoy a wide range of Movies and TV shows in different languages. In case you are already using Netflix on Roku and want to log out, this guide is for you.
There could be many reasons why would you want to sign out of Netflix. Maybe you no longer have an active subscription to Netflix, uninstalling Netflix from your Roku TV, or you might be signing in with a new Netflix account. There could be many possible reasons why you might want to log out of Netflix on Roku TV. Anyway, if you want to log out of Netflix on Roku, read on to know the process.
Methods to Sign Out of Netflix on Roku
Now, there are various Roku devices available. So the process to log out will be different for different Roku models or devices. Read on to know all the methods you can follow.
Table of Contents
How to Sign out of Netflix on Roku 3 and Newer Version
If you have the latest versions of Roku devices, you can follow these steps to sign out of Netflix.
- Power on your Roku device and make sure it is connected to a wireless network.
- Using the remote, navigate and open the Netflix channel.
- You might be asked to choose a screen. Select any if applicable for your Netflix account.
- Now, simply navigate towards the left of the app to bring up the menu screen of the app.
- Scroll down in the menu and select the Get Help option.
- With the Get help screen open, simply select the Sign Out option.
- The app will ask if you wish to sign out of the app. Click on the Yes option.
- And that is how you can sign out of the Netflix account on your Roku 3, Roku 4, or later models.
How to Sign out of Netflix using the Roku App
- Launch the Roku app. If you do not have it, download it from the Android or iOS app stores.
- Sign in with the Roku account that you wish to sign out from Netflix.
- Tap on the My Channels tab at the top of the app.
- Open the Netflix channel on the app.
- Now, tap on the hamburger menu at the top left.
- Finally, tap on Signout and confirm the signout by tapping on Yes.
- You have now been signed out of Netflix on the Roku device.
How to Sign out of Netflix on Roku via Netflix Website
If for some reason you do not have access to your Roku or maybe are on a vacation and plan to sign out of Netflix on the Roku device, you can use the Netflix website. Here are the steps.
- On your mobile or pc, launch the web browser and head over to the Netflix website.
- Once you have signed in, simply head over to the Manage Devices page.
- Choose the Sign out option to sign out of all devices that Netflix is currently signed into.
- You will be signed out from all devices.
How to Sign out of Netflix on Roku (using Key Combination Trick)
Sometimes, you might not see the Get help option in the Netflix app. So what do you do? Well, there is a way to sign out of the app using a combination of key presses. All you have to do is open the Netflix app and press the Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. When you use this combination, you will be signed out of the Netflix app on your Roku device.
How to Log out of Netflix on a Roku 1 Device
If you have the older Roku 1 device with you, here is how you can sign out of Netflix.
- Power on your Roku 1 device.
- Now, use your Roku 1 remote to open the Settings menu.
- Scroll and select the Netflix Settings.
- Select the Deactivate this player from my Netflix Account option.
- In the end, you will have to select Yes. This now confirms the removal of the Netflix account from the particular Roku device.
How to Log out of Netflix on Roku 2, LT, XD, and, XS
If you have any of the above-mentioned Roku devices, follow these steps to sign out of Netflix.
- Switch your Roku device on.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- It will now open the home screen of the Roku device.
- Navigate and select the Netflix app.
- Press the Star button on your Roku remote.
- You will now see a remove channel option. Select it to remove the Netflix channel.
- Now that the channel has been removed from the Roku device, you have been signed out of the service.
These are the different ways you can follow to sign out of Netflix account on Roku TV. But in case you still have questions related to the guide then check out some frequently asked questions.
Will signing out of Netflix on Roku delete my account?
No, when you sign out of Netflix on your Roku device, only the app and any data of the app stored on your Roku device will be removed and deleted. Your Netflix account will always be there whenever you want to sign back in.
Will I be able to reinstall Netflix on my Roku?
Yes, you will be able to install and uninstall the Netflix channel on your Roku app as many times as you want.
Do I need to pay to download the Netflix channel on my Roku device?
The Netflix channel on the Roku store is free to download. The only time you will be paying is when you want to use Netflix. The payment factor only comes when you plan to subscribe to any one of the numerous plans available on Netflix.
Will I be signed out of Netflix if I directly delete the channel on Roku?
Yes. As soon as you remove or delete the Netflix channel from your Roku device, you will be signed out right away. The next time you download the Netflix channel on your Roku, you will have to sign into it again.
When should I sign out of Netflix?
It is best to sign out of your Netflix account, especially when using either a public or shared PC in the library or internet cafe, and also out of the smart TVs in any AirBnB that you might be staying in. Also, sign out of Netflix on the TVs in your hotels as well
What are the other reasons that would require me to sign out of Netflix?
There are a good number of reasons why you might have to sign out of Netflix:
1. You are probably selling away the TV or giving it away to someone else.
2. The app is not responding properly or not showing your account details correctly.
3. When there could be a bug with the app requiring you to sign out and sign in again.
4. When you might have to install and reinstall the app.
Which one of the methods worked best for you? Also, let us know if the key combination method worked for you or not. Of course, you could also simply remove the Netflix channel from your Roku device. You can read more about removing channels by heading here.