The Roku Channel Store has a ton of apps that you can install and view content either with a subscription or for free. Sometimes, you might discover a lot of channels and decide to add them because it feels good to do so, and you have tons of channels to switch to on your Roku TV. While having a lot of channels is great, it can sometimes be annoying to see a list full of channels that you will never even watch. Here is a guide on how to remove channels from Roku TV or Roku Streaming device.
Now, there could be plenty of reasons why you might want to remove channels from your Roku TV. Whether it has something to do with not wanting to renew a subscription of service, to apps consuming up all the storage space, or maybe you just no longer make use of those channels at all. Whatever your reason is, there are ways to remove channels from Roku devices. Read along to know how you can remove channels from your Roku website or devices.
How to Remove Channels from Roku
Before you get ready to remove the channels from Roku, make sure you have no active subscription to the channel you will be removing. You could also ask other members who use the TV and see if they are perfectly fine with you removing channels that they might watch but less often. Now that you are ready to remove channels from your Roku device let’s get started.
Method 1: Remove Channels from Channel Lineup
- Power on your Roku TV and have the Roku remote with you.
- Press the Home button that you see on the remote.
- Use the D-pad, move to the right, and select the channel that you wish to remove.
- Now press the Star button on the Roku remote.
- The options menu will now shop up.
- From the list of options available, select the Remove Channel option.
- You will be asked to confirm removing the particular channel. Select Yes.
- This is one way of removing channels from your Roku device.
Method 2: Remove Channels from Roku Store
You can also remove channels from the Roku Store by accessing them from your Roku device be it the player or TV.
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
- At the Left Side, scroll and select Streaming Channels.
- This will now open up the Roku Channel Store.
- You will now see a list of Roku channels that are presently added to your Roku.
- Select the channel that you wish to remove by pressing the Ok button on the Roku Remote.
- You will see a little check mark that appears at the bottom corner of the app.
- Now select Remove Channel and confirm the removal of the particular channel.
- And this is how you can remove a Roku Channel from the Roku Channel Store.
Method 3: Remove Channel through Roku App
The Roku app for Android and iOS is a free app that you can use to manage your Roku account and any subscriptions that you might wish to renew or cancel. The app also lets you add channels as well as remove channels that are tied to your account. Roku app is useful when you are not at home or traveling elsewhere or even if you do not have the Roku remote. Let’s look at how you can remove channels from your Roku device by using the Roku mobile app.
- Download the app for iOS or Android. It’s free to download!
- Now, sign in with the Roku account that has been used while signing in on your Roku TV or Roku player.
- Tap on the Channels tab that is at the bottom row of the app.
- Now you need to tap on the channels list. It will display all the channels that you have added to your Roku account.
- Simply tap on the channel that you wish to remove. You will now get a list of options.
- Select Remove from the list of options.
- The app will ask you if you wish to really remove the channel. Select Ok.
- The channel has now been removed from your account and will no longer show up on your Roku device.
Method 4: Remove Channels from Roku Remote app
The same Roku app that was used in the previous method, all lets you use the phone as a remote for your Roku TV or Roku player. If you have been able to use the app as a remote for your TV then you know how it works. If not, you can head here to see how to use a Roku TV without a remote.
- Open up the app. Make sure that your phone and your Roku TV are on the same wifi network.
- Select the Devices option on the app.
- After that, you will want to select channels.
- Next, select Channel Store. Here, you will see a list of all channels that have been tied to your Roku account currently.
- Tap on the channel that you would like to remove. This will bring a screen with the name of the app and a Remove button.
- Tap on the Remove button. It may ask you for any prompts. Accept it and that is how you can remove the channel from your Roku.
These are four ways that you can use to remove channels from Roku Devices. The steps are simple and easy to follow and understand. The whole process of removing a channel from your Roku should not take you more than 4 minutes. The only disappointment is that you can’t remove channels from your Roku using the website. While you can easily add channels from the Roku Store’s website the option to remove them doesn’t exist. Roku should give people an option to remove the channels from the website to make things easy for people to remove channels from their Roku device.