When you buy an electronic appliance, you will usually get a remote controller for it. While it may be good, it can kind of get annoying considering that you will end up with a bunch of remotes for too many things, considering that you can usually control most of the devices with your mobile phone is great. But, what if you could use one remote to control two devices at the same time? Today we will be looking at how to program DirecTV remote to Vizio TV.
DirecTV is a broadcast satellite provider that provides you a bunch of channels that you can watch based on subscription plans. You can view these channels by making use of a Set-top box or a Digital Video Receiver that is connected to your TV. While the service may be all perfect, you might have noticed a little switch on your DirecTV remote that says TV. Well, today you be making use of that switch on the remote. Read on to know how to program DirecTV remote to Vizio TV.
How to Program DirecTV Remote to Vizio TV [New Models]
- First, you might want to power off your DirecTV set-top box. Do this by press the power button on the remote.
- Now, slide the switch on the DirecTV remote to the TV mode.
- Head over to the DirecTV Remote Control Code Lookup page and check the vizio directv code.
- You will see a list of various DirecTV remote models.
- To find what model your DirecTv remote is, simply look at the top left of the remote. You will see a model number there.
- Based on what model remote you have selected the model on the webpage.
- After selecting the remote, you will now be taken to another page where you will be given the option to add a new TV and a new Satellite box. Select Add New TV.
- You can now type in the brand of your TV (Vizio in this case) or simply scroll the list and select the TV brand.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter your Vizio TVs model number. If you don’t know your Vizio TVs model number, you can simply select the “I don’t know my model number” option.
- The page will now show you a code or list of codes that you can enter to program your DirecTV remote to your Vizio TV.
- Taking your DirecTV remote, press the Mute and Select buttons simultaneously.
- Keep the buttons pressed until the LED light on the remote flashes twice.
- Now, enter the code that you have from the DirecTV page. Once entered, the DirecTV remote can now be used to control your Vizio TV. To control the Set-top box, simply slide the switch and you are good to go.
How to Program DirecTV Remote to Vizio TV [Older TV Models]
- Switch the Vizio TV off. This is important as it will to later know whether the TV will turn on using the DirecTV remote or not.
- Now, slide the switch on the DirecTV remote to the TV.
- Press and hold the Mute and Select buttons on the remote, till the LED on the remote blinks twice.
- Press 991 on the remote’s keypad. Soon as you enter the numbers, press 1 again.
- The final step. Press the Channel Down or the Channel – button on the remote.
- Keep pressing the button till your Tv automatically turns on.
- You might have to keep pressing the button for a long time. It could cross 50 or 100 presses depending on old your Vizio Tv is.
- Once the TV switches on press the select button. This will now make the LED light on the remote blink twice.
- After the light blinks twice, press the power button. You now have programmed your DirecTv to work with your old Vizio TV.
- Sometimes, the method might not work properly. In this case, simply remove the batteries and insert them again. You should be good to go.
And this is how you can program your DirecTV remote to work with your Vizio TV. Whether it is an old or a new Vizio TV, these methods should work just fine. Well, this method works not only for Vizio TVs but for all kinds Tv brands from Samsung to TCL to Hisense or whatever brand of TV that you use.
You May Also Like – How to add apps on Vizio TV (without V button)
If you have tried using these methods to program the DirecTV remote to use with your Vizio TV, do let us know. If you haven’t managed to program the remote, do let us know in the comments below.
More Related stuff: