Vizio TVs have been around since the early 2000s. With time and innovation in technology, TVs have come into play, making them a must need product in almost every home. Vizio TVs are popular because of their entry-level line-up of smart TVs that are friendly to a person’s budget. While Smart TVs are all great, they sometimes have their own set of issues. When such issues occur, the first thing people want to do is to perform a reset. Read along to know how to reset Vizio TV.
One might end up wanting to perform a reset due to many reasons. Maybe the screencast feature is not working, a new update is causing issues, or maybe the Bluetooth or WiFi connection doesn’t seem to work. Of course, you could use the troubleshooting methods to fix it. But a factory reset is also part of the troubleshooting methods that could fix the issue. With that being said, here is a guide on how to factory reset a Vizio Smart TV.
Best Methods to Reset Vizio TV
Factory resetting a smart TV will help fix a lot of issues or bugs or maybe even a few features that are temporarily not working. With factory reset as a way to fix things up, read on to know how to factory reset your Vizio Smart TV. Make sure that you have the original Vizio TV remote to factory reset the Vizio Smart TV.
Note: Some settings and the settings interface may vary with different Vizio TVs.
Reset Vizio TV from Settings
- Power on the Vizio Smart TV and press the Menu button on the TV remote.
- With the menu that has shown up, scroll and select the Systems option.
- Now, you will need to select the Admin & Privacy option.
- From here you will want to select the Reset to Factory Settings (Factory Default).
- The TV will now ask you for a code if the parental control is enabled. The default code is 0000. If you have changed the default code, you can enter the new code.
- After entering the code, you can now select the Reset option.
- Your Vizio Smart TV will now turn off after it has completed the reset.
- You can now begin with the initial setup for the Vizio TV.
Reset Vizio TV without Remote
If you are missing the Vizio TV remote or if it is broken, you can always use the buttons at the back of the TV. This works if your Vizio Smart TV is a SmartCast TV and has the input and volume adjustment buttons.
- You will need to power on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Press and hold the Input as well as the Volume Down button at the same time.
- In 15 seconds or less, you should be able to see a screen that will show you how to reset.
- With the screen message on, press and hold the Input button.
- The TV will now begin to perform a factory reset.
- Once the rest has been completed, the TV will now restart and bring up the setup screen.
Clear Memory to Reset Vizio TV
There is also another way to perform a factory reset when using a remote with your Vizio Smart TV.
- On your remote press the Menu button.
- Now, scroll through the menu and select Info. If info option is not available check in System.
- Under Info/System, you should be able to see Clear Memory (Factory Default).
- Select it. It might ask you for a four-digit pin. The default is 0000. If you have set your own pin, enter it here.
- After you have entered the pin, the TV will now begin to clear its memory and then restart.
- When the TV restarts, you will get the setup screen which you can use to adjust various settings on your Vizio Smart TV.
Reset Vizio TV from Service Menu
Like most Smart TVs out there, the Vizio Smart TV also has its own Service Menu or Secret Menu. These menus are usually used at the factory or stores to perform basic functioning tests on the TV. You can access the service menu on the Vizio TV to perform a factory format. This works if you have the main function buttons present on your TV.
- You will need to power off your TV.
- Now, press and hold the Channel Up and Channel Down buttons.
- Keeping the Channel buttons pressed, press and leave the power button on the TV.
- You can now leave the Channel buttons.
- Take the Vizio TV remote and press the Menu button.
- When the Menu button pops up, press and hold the Menu button again.
- You will now see the Sevice Menu pop up.
- Select Factory Reset to begin the process right away.
And there you have it. Four methods that you can use to reset Vizio Smart TV. Factory reset is helpful to fix up minor, simple issues that might randomly appear either on its own or maybe even by a newly installed update. Sometimes an app that is installed could also be causing a few issues that can be annoying but at the same time can be easily gotten rid of. All the methods should hardly take more than 5 minutes to initiate and complete the reset process.
More TV Guide: