DirecTV is a great way to get access to a good number of TV channels at a monthly subscription. Now if you have a DirecTV set-top box and a smart TV, did you know that you can easily use just one single remote to control your DirecTV box as well as your smart TV? Yes, you have read that right.
Today, we will be talking to you about how you can program and use the DirecTV remote with your Samsung TV. Why Samsung TV you might ask? Well, there are a large number of Samsung TV owners out there and they probably might also be having a DirecTV box with them. So, if you are someone who has both – a Samsung TV as well as a DirecTV box, this guide is for you.
There can be a good number of reasons why you might want to program your DirecTV remote to your Samsung TV.
First off, it could be that you simply find it a headache to manage two remotes. Secondly, it could be that your Samsung TV remote might have either gotten lost, damaged, or is simply no longer working. The third reason could be that you have heard from some people that it’s possible to use the DirecTV remote to control your Samsung TV. Whatever the case might be, you can read through the two different methods available.
How to Program DirecTV Remote to Samsung TV [Automatic Setup]
This is the first method that will let you program the DirecTV remote to your Samsung TV automatically. Make sure to follow these steps correctly or else you won’t be able to get the pairing done.
- Grab the DirecTV remote and power on the DirecTV box.
- You need to press and hold the Mute and enter buttons on your DirecTV remote.
- Leave the buttons when the little green light on the remote blinks twice.
- With your TV screen on switches to the DirecTV input, you should see an Applying IR/RF setup message on the screen.
- Now, press the Menu button on the DirecTV remote.
- Select the Setting option.
- Navigate to Remote Control followed by Program Remote.
- Here, you can choose the device that you wish to control. Make sure to select TV from the list.
- There will be a few instructions on the screen.
- Follow them and you should have the DirecTV remote programmed to control your Samsung TV.
How to Program DirecTV Remote to Samsung TV [Manual Setup]
In case the above auto method didn’t work to program your Samsung TV, you can easily follow this manual programming method that is guaranteed to program the remote with your Samsung TV. Follow the steps to manually program the remote to your Samsung TV.
- Point the DirecTV remote to the DirecTV box.
- Press the Mute and Select buttons on the DirecTV remote until the green light blinks twice.
- Now, you need to enter 962 by pressing the number buttons on your DirecTV.
- Once the code has been entered, press the Channel Up button once.
- Press Enter and select the OK button on the screen.
- Press the Menu button, select Settings followed by Remote Control, and finally program Remote.
- Choose the TV option from the list. The programming of the remote should be complete once you follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen.
- When the programming has been completed, you can use the remote to control the basic functions of the Samsung TV.
- Alternatively, if your Samsung TV is a DirecTV-ready model, you can simply enter the code 54000 instead of 961.
- If the code doesn’t work, you can simply use the DirecTV Code Lookup Tool by heading here.
- You simply need to choose the model number of your remote, choose Add New TV and finally, select the brand of your TV.
- Here you can choose to select the model number of your Samsung TV or simply select Don’t Know Model Number.
- The Tool will now display various codes. You can try all and see which code works for your particular Samsung TV model.
This concludes the guide on how you can program and pair the DirecTV remote in two different ways to your Samsung TV. This method works for each and every TV out there. Making use of the Code Lookup Tool is a great way to know what code will work for your particular Samsung TV model.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.