Microsoft Store on Windows 11 has a huge array of apps and games spread across different categories. Now, one does need to understand that the selection of apps available in the store will vary according to region. Also, you might have noticed that you wouldn’t be able to install apps that might either be in their alpha/beta stages. It can be difficult if you might have wanted to sideload an Android app to test it on your PC.
If you looking to install a test app or have strange issues with downloading apps from the Microsoft Store on your Windows 11 PC, you can follow this guide to manually install Apps on Windows 11. The steps are simple and easy to follow. Make sure to follow the steps correctly to manually sideload apps on a Windows 11 PC.
How to Install Apps on Windows 11 Manually
There are two important things for you to know when it comes to sideloading UWP apps or untrusted apps on your Windows 11 PC. You will have to ensure that sideloading is enabled and you know what app to install.
Enable Developer Mode
Just like how you can enable developer mode on Android, you can enable this option on your Windows 11 PC. Here is how you can enable developer mode on Windows 11.
- Open the Settings app on your windows 11 PC.
- On the left-hand side, click on the Privacy and Security option.
- Now, on your right, click on the option that reads For Developers.
- You should now see an option that says Developer Mode.
- Click on the toggle at the right to switch Developer Mode on.
- A pop-up dialog will appear asking if you wish to enable developer mode. Confirm it.
- You have now enabled developer mode on your windows 11 PC.
Sideload Apps On Windows 11 via Windows PowerShell
Windows PowerShell is a command line that you need to use to install or even sideload apps on your Windows 11 PC. Whether it’s about apps not available in your region or installing an untrusted app, you can make sure to install the app using Windows PowerShell.
Do note that you will have to manually download the .appx bundle file for the app you want. You can find a good number of sources to download these .appx packages.
- To open PowerShell, fire up the Start Menu.
- Now, search for PowerShell.
- When you find it, make sure to choose Run as Administrator.
- Now, all you need to do is type in the following command:
- Add-AppxPackage -Path “Insert file path of the downloaded .appx file”
- Once the command has been entered, press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- PowerShell will begin to install the downloaded .appx file to your windows 11 PC.
- Once the installation has been completed successfully, you will see the installed app in the Start Menu.
This concludes the guide on how you can manually install or sideload Windows UWP apps on your Windows 11 PC without having to use the Microsoft Store. In fact, this can be your go-to method if you have eventually uninstalled the Microsoft Store from your Windows 11 PC. If you have any questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments below.