Genshin Impact is a very popular open-world RPG game that has been developed by miHoYo. The game has a very large player base on Android and iOS devices. Now, if you are someone that regularly plays the game on mobile and have now decided to play the game on your PC or Mac, well you now can! There are multiple ways that you can follow to play the game easily. In this guide, we will be showing the multiple ways that you can follow to play Genshin Impact on PC or Mac.
You might be thinking, well why don’t you just install an emulator, right? You aren’t wrong, but again, as we know, emulators are a bit slow and use up a lot of resources resulting in slow and sluggish performance. And there is also the additional bloatware and ads that show up in Android emulators. So, if you plan to play Genshin Impact on your PC without having to waste your time on Android emulators, this is the guide for you.
There are a good number of ways that you can use to play Genshin Impact on your PC or Mac. Before we get started, there are a few things that you need to try out the different ways to play Genshin Impact.
- A HoYoverse account
- Internet Connection
How to Play Genshin Impact on Windows PC
Via Epic Games Store
The Epic Games Store is a games store that lets you purchase and installs a number of games for your Windows PC. The best part about the Epic Games Store is that you can install and play Genshin Impact on your PC via the Epic Games Store. Here is how you can play the game.
- First, open the web browser on your PC and head over to the Epic Games website.
- Now, click on the blue download button at the top right corner.
- The Epic Games Launcher will now be downloaded to your PC.
- Once downloaded, install the Epic Games launcher and then create an account or sign in with an existing account to Epic Games.
- Now that you have been signed in, all you need to do is click on the search icon and type in Genshin Impact.
- Click on the Add to Library button, Next, click on Install.
- The game will now be downloaded and installed on your PC. Simply launch the game from your desktop.
- Sign in with your HoYoverse account and you are good to go.
Via Google Play Store
The Google Play Store is a great platform that lets you download and install a ton of games and apps. Well, we also know that you can install Android apps on a Windows 11 PC. Now, installing those Android games and apps required you to sideload the APK file. Sure it sounds like a simple and easy thing to do. But, what if I told you that you do not have to do any of that to install the game on your PC? Follow these steps to install Genshin Impact from the Google Play Store on your Windows 11 PC.
- Launch your favorite web browser and head over to the Google Play Store.
- Make sure that you have signed into the PlayStore using your Google Play account.
- Once you have signed in, head over to the search bar at the center of the screen.
- Type in Genshin Impact and hit the enter key.
- Or, simply click on this link to go to the Genshin Impact Google Play Store.
- Once you see the Genshin Impact game in the search results, select it.
- You will see a green button that says install on Windows.
- Click on the button and the installer will be downloaded to your PC.
- With the download complete run the installer to begin installing Genshin Impact on your Windows 11 PC.
- Once the installation has been completed, simply run the game, sign in with your account and you are good to go.
How to Play Genshin Impact on Mac
Genshin Impact has no actual game available to play on macOS PCs. However, if you are able to install Windows 11 on either your Intel or Apple M1 chips-based PCs, you will be able to play the game easily. In order to know how you can install Windows 11 on your Mac, you can follow this guide.
Once you have managed to install Windows 11 on your particular Mac, you can download and install the Epic Games Launcher to download and play Genshin Impact on Mac for free. Just follow the steps mentioned above to install the game on your PC.
How to Play Genshin Impact using a Cloud Gaming Service
Now, whether you have a Mac or Windows PC or have a PC that doesn’t meet the requirements to play the game, you can make use of cloud gaming services. Nvidia’s GeForce Now is the cloud gaming platform you need to choose if you want to play Genshin Impact on any PC. All you need to do is sign up for GeForce NOW and choose a plan that suits best for you. You can now play Genshin Impact as well as 100s of other popular games using just any PC, a web browser, and an internet connection.
And this is how you can play Genshin Impact on Windows PC or Mac easily. Now, in the case of Mac users, it is highly suggested that you should play the game using a cloud gaming service. It is simple and easier to set up and you also get the benefit of being able to play a good number of games for a monthly subscription. If you have any queries or doubts, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
Related to Games: