The Microsoft Store on Windows 11 has been redesigned and updated with a new UI, better performance as well as more selection of apps. Now, if you’re still using Windows 10, chances are that you might be using the older version of the Microsoft Store. The big question that arises is, can you install the newer version of the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 PC?
The answer to that question is, yes you can. In fact, there are two ways that you can follow to install the new Microsoft Store on your windows 10 PC. Read on through this guide to know how you can install the latest Microsoft Store from Windows 11 on your windows 10 PC.
Install New Microsoft Store on Windows 10
There are two ways you can get the latest Microsoft Store app on your Windows 10 PC. We will take a look at both ways so that you can have a choice to pick from if one of the methods doesn’t seem to work for you.
Update the Microsoft Store
The first way to ensure that your Windows 10 PC has the latest version of the Microsoft Store is by downloading the update from within the Store. Here is how you can do this.
- Launch the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 PC. Ensure that you have connected to the internet.
- Check that you have signed into the Microsoft Store with your Microsoft account.
- At the top right corner, click on the three dots and select the Download and Updates option from the pop-up menu.
- You will now see a list of apps that might be waiting to be downloaded or have been updated previously.
- Click on the button that says Get Updates.
- The store will now check for app updates if available.
- Once it displays the list of apps that need an update, look for the Microsoft Store update from the list of apps.
- The Microsoft Store will download the update and restart itself to install the latest available update of the Microsoft Store.
This is how you can update the latest version of the Microsoft Store. However, if you aren’t able to get the Windows 11 Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 PC, you can always follow the next method.
Manually Install Microsoft Store Update
In this method, you will have to look for the Mcirostore Store’s .appx bundle. This requires sideloading the Microsoft Store. You can follow these steps to get the brand-new Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 PC.
- Launch your web browser and head over to the Microsoft Online Link Generator.
- On the left side click on the drop-down menu and select Product ID
- Now paste 9wzdncrfjbmp in the search bar of the website.
- Ensure to select RP from the second drop-down menu.
- Click on the box that has the checkmark.
- You will now see the results on the page.
- Download the latest available Windows Store file as well as the latest Ui.Xaml file
- Save these two files in a folder that is easy for you to navigate.
- Open the Start Menu and search for Windows Powershell.
- Make sure to run it as an Administrator.
- Paste in the following command Add-AppxPackage -Path (Insert Downloaded Store’s file path)
- Now hit the enter key. The new Microsoft Store will now be installed on your Windows 10 PC.
Bonus – Sideloading Method
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Microsoft Store on your windows 10 PC, you follow this method to get the updated Microsoft Store. In this method, you will have to be joining the Release Preview channel via the Windows Insider program. Follow these steps to join the insider program on Windows 10.
- Open the Start menu and click on the Settings app.
- With the Settings app open, click on Update and Security followed by Windows Insider Program.
- Make sure your system has been signed in with a Microsoft account.
- Click on Get Started and select the Microsoft account.
- Now, it will ask you to choose the channel. Select the Release Preview channel. This is the most stable channel and you get timely beta updates to Windows 10 as well as a few features from Windows 11.
- Once you have successfully joined the channel, you will have to restart your PC.
- When your PC has restarted, open the Settings app to download the latest available release preview update.
- Once the update has been installed, you will get the all-new Microsoft Store from Windows 11 on your Windows 10 PC.
These are the ways you can follow to get the new Microsoft Store from Windows 11 on your Windows 10 PC. None of these steps are time-consuming or complicated. You can choose whatsoever feels the easiest for you to follow or understand. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.