iOS 14.7 is now available for eligible iPhones with a bunch of changes and features. And so we are here with a guide to Jailbreak iOS 14.7. Yes, you can already Jailbreak your iPhone if updated to iOS 14.7. The latest iOS 14.7 comes with improved security but still, you can Jailbreak your iPhones. Here you will know how to Jailbreak iOS 14.6 with Checkra1n.
If you are still using the old iOS version and looking forward to Jailbreaking your iPhone, then you should not update. Especially A12 iPhone users who can benefit from the old iOS version as soon Checkra1n or Unc0ver will come out with an effective way to Jailbreak iOS 14.5. But in case you have already updated to iOS 14.7 on iPhone SE, iPhone 6s/Plus, iPhone 7/Plus, iPhone 8/Plus, or iPhone X then you can easily Jailbreak iOS 14.7.
Jailbreak is an upgrade of privilege on iPhones that gives advanced access to users over their iPhones. It is very similar to root on Android phones but has different processes and features. By default iPhones come with a lot of restrictions and so Jailbreak acquits most of the restrictions and lets you customize your iPhones as you want. If you are looking for advanced customization, then here you will get steps to Jailbreak iOS 14.7 with Checkra1n.
How to Jailbreak iOS 14.7
Jailbreak is an easy process if the exploit supports the iOS version for Jailbreak. The two main exploits are Checkra1n and unc0ver which allows Jailbreaking iPhones. The Jailbreak process gets tougher as per the hierarchy of iPhones. If you have Jailbroken your iPhones before then you will not be surprised with the method that we are going to share with you.
In this guide, we are going to use the latest version of Checkra1n for Jailbreaking iPhones running iOS 14.7. It is one of the best exploits that works like charm for older iPhones. As of now newer phones with newer updates can’t be Jailbroken. As of now the latest iOS that can be Jailbroken on iPhone XS or newer phones is the iOS 14.3, check this guide. Below you can check the list of support iPhones.
Supported iPhones for this guide:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s
Jailbreaking an iPhone gives you access to Cydia which is an advanced platform for various modules. So if you are interested in customization, then you can Jailbreak iOS 14.7 with this guide. Since it is a process that affects the default privilege, it can even break your device like an iPhone stuck in a spinning wheel screen, etc. So make sure to go through all the steps before applying it.
Prepare iPhone for Jailbreak:
- Remove Touch ID, Passcode, Face ID, or any lock from your iPhone
- It will work for iPhones with A11 or older chips (iPhone X or older)
- Make sure to take a full backup of your iPhone or iPad
- It requires macOS or Linux based PC
- You can use this guide for iOS 14.7 & older versions
Now once you have followed instructions for prerequisites, start with installing Checkra1n on your device.
Install Checkra1n on your Mac
- First, download the latest Checkra1n on your macOS or Linux. Currently, the latest version is 0.12.4.
- Once you have the downloaded file click on your Mac, double click the dmg file. It will bring up the installer, drag the Checkra1n to the Application folder to initiate the installation. If you have the older checkra1n then install the new release.
- After installing it, don’t open the app, first go to System Preference > Security & Privacy.
- Switch to the General tab and click on Open Anyway which you can find near the Checkra1n with message that it is from an unidentified developer.
- It will open a popup, click on Ok to open Checkra1n on your PC.
If you have a Linux OS, then you can follow the process to install the Checkra1n as other apps on Linux. Let’s now move to the steps.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 14.7
- First connect your iPhone to your Mac or Linux system with your original lightening cable.
- Open Finder and make sure to trust the iPhone connection.
- Now run the Checkra1n on your system and It will show that your phone is not supported, but you can ignore the message.
- In the Checkra1n, go to Options and check these options – Allow untested iOS/iPadOS/tvOS versions, Skip A11 BPR Check (for A11 iPhones) and click Back.
- Now check the Quick Mode and click Start > OK button to continue.
- The iPhone will now boot in recovery mode. Follow the instructions on the Checkra1n to boot into DFU mode.
- Now you will see the writing steps on your iPhone, wait for the device to boot into the system.
- Once your device boot up, you will see a new app called ‘Loader’ in home screen. It may take few seconds to appear. Make sure your device is connected to Internet.
- Open the Loader and it will show the Cydia, if not click on Retry. Now click on Cydia icon > Install Cydia.
- It will now install Cydia on your iPhone so wait for the process. Cydia will also appear in the homescreen, open it.
- When you open the Cydia, it will show a popup, click on Complete Update > Confirm.
- That’s it, you have successfully Jilbroken iOS 14.7.
Now you can start using Cydia for awesome tweaks and modules. You can change your iPhone’s homescreen appearance, app icons, fonts, logos, and more with the help of available modules in Cydia. This is a tethered Jailbreak method, so it may not be an issue even if you restart your device. In case after the restart if Jailbreak is removed then you can reinstall Cydia to get the Jailbreak on iOS 14.7.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to Jailbreak iOS 14.7 running iPhones. For more Jailbreak and iPhone guides, stay connected to YTECHB. And in case if you have any queries, let us know in the comment section below.