Snapchat is a popular social media app used a lot by teenagers and celebrities alike. People use Snapchat to send in images or snaps as they are known to friends or the public, depending on whom they wish to share. Users can send these snaps and even put them up as a story that stays for 24 hours. With so many people using Snapchat, few famous personalities and even common people end up with many people out there impersonating them. This is where having a verified Snapchat profile comes into play. Read on to know how to get verified on Snapchat.
Unlike other Social Media platforms where you can apply for a verified account, Snapchat doesn’t have any option. Snapchat will add a verified badge to celebrities’ accounts automatically. Snapchat automatically checks a profile, and based on various criteria they will add a verified emoji or badge right away. So, if you somehow wish to add a verified badge to your Snapchat account and make it all legit and verified, keep reading.
How to Get Verified on Snapchat
Along with the guide to get verified emojis on Snapchat, we will also be clearing some common questions that you will see next in this article. Let’s check the most common question everyone has in mind.
How many followers on snapchat to get verified?
If you are a person who holds an important post, a business organization, content creator, or a celebrity, you can get your Snapchat account verified. If you want to simply flex around with a verified Snapchat account, you could also try to apply for one. However, you will be required to have at least 1000 or more followers and a high number of views on your stories. Only then will you be able to get your account verified on Snapchat.
As explained before, there is no direct option for anyone to fill a form and simply apply for verification as is in the case with Facebook and even Instagram for that matter. There is, however, a kind of workaround or rather a backdoor method that you can use to get verified. You will have to keep in mind that not everyone’s accounts get verified all the time. It is based more on luck and factors such as the number of followers and views on your Snapchat! You could try to follow these steps in the hope of getting your account verified.
Steps to get verified on Snapchat
- Open up Snapchat and tap on your profile picture.
- You will now be taken to your Snapchat Profile page.
- Tap on the Settings icon that is on the top right of your profile screen.
- Once inside the Settings page, you will now want to scroll till you find the Support menu and click I Need Help.
- The Snapchat Support page will now show up. Tap on the big Contact Us button.
- Under the What we can help you with, select the I can’t access my account option.
- After that, you will be given more options to choose from.
- In the tell us more options, select the I see an error message when I log in.
- Scroll a bit more till you see Need help with something else. Tap on Yes.
- Now there will be a form for you to fill. You will have to enter details such as your username, email, mobile number, device, date since you were having this issue.
- In the attachments option, you can add a picture of your legal government-issued ID.
- Next in the big text box, you will have to type in explaining the issue as in your someone else is trying to impersonate your account and you want to make your account verified so that your friends and followers do not get mislead by the imposter.
- Make sure to send in a very proper and convincing explanation so that the team understands and is fine with verifying your profile.
Do note that you will then get an email talking about the same within two to three days and any reason why it is not getting verified. If it didn’t get verified on the first try, wait again for a few days and then fill in the form again. Also, remember that these steps will not always help in getting your Snapchat account verified.
As I’ve stated in the beginning, if you have many followers and get more than 50k views on your Snapchat stories, the chances are high that Snapchat could automatically verify your account. Another way is to create Snapchat Lenses. Create unique ones and let more people be interested in using your Snapchat Lens.