Google introduced the ‘Now Playing’ feature a while back on Pixel 2. And since then, it is available on Pixel devices. It is an impressive feature that everyone wants it to get on their non-Pixel phones. And it is even possible to get but with the help of the Shazam app, but it doesn’t work accurately. Recently one of the developers ported the Now Playing feature in an app called “Ambient Music Mod”. Here you will know how to get Now Playing on Android phones.
Google Pixel’s Now Playing feature recognizes Music playing in your surroundings. And then it displays the name of the song playing along with its Artist’s name. It comes in handy in many situations, especially for entertainment. When it was launched, it was something that everyone wanted to try. But since it is only for Pixel phones, not many users can use it.
The feature is also available on some custom ROMs based on AOSP, thanks to developers. But what if you don’t want to install a custom ROM. Yes, you can still get the Now Playing feature with the help of Ambient Music Mode. It is a hybrid Xposed and Magisk module that you can use on your phone to enjoy the Now Playing feature. All thanks to developer Kieron Quinn for the Mod.
The Module comes with more features along with Now Playing. Such as you don’t need an internet connection to use it. And also, it doesn’t send any data to Google Servers for recognition. The Ambient Music Mod also shows Now Playing History where you will find Songs that it recognized before. Let’s check the complete list of its features.
Ambient Music Mod Features
- Full Ambient Music support, including downloading the latest databases from Google
- Music recognition when the device is idle or in use (exclusions apply, see the FAQ for more details)
- Now Playing History built in, and support for third party history apps
- The ability to display the current now playing track on the lock screen using an Accessibility overlay service
- Manual recognition on demand in the Ambient Music Mod app
- Settings to control the amplification, how often recognition should be triggered, whether to run on the small CPU cores and what to do when a song recognition notification is tapped
- View all the recognisable track in your locally downloaded database via the Track List option
Download Ambient Music Mod
If you also want to try the Now Playing on your Android phones with additional features, then follow this guide. But to get it on your phone, you need to download the Ambient Music Mod app. Luckily, it’s a free and open-source mod that you can download to enjoy Now Playing on Android. You can use the given download link for the Mod.
- Ambient Music Mod – Download
As you know it is a hybrid Module, so you need both Xposed and Magisk installed on your phone. Follow the requirements given below to proceed with installation.
- Magisk and Xposed Framework must be installed on your phone
- A device with a Snapdragon processor that supports Sound Trigger 2.1 or above (the app will tell you if it’s compatible)
- Charge your phone to at least 60%
- Download the Ambient Music Mod APK
- Take a backup of your phone
How to Install Ambient Music Mod
- Install the Ambient Music mod installer app on your phone with the downloaded apk.
- Open the App and it will show if your device is compatible and all required items installed or not.
- Grant root access if the App asks for Root permission.
- If your device is compatible along with Magisk and Xposed installed, then click on Build Installer.
- It will build the Installer. After that open Magisk app and install the Installer Module.
- Now open the Xposed app on your phone and search for Ambient Music Mod.
- Enable the Module to continue.
- Once done, reboot your device and enjoy the Now Playing feature.
If you know how to root and use Modules on your phone, then it’s a cakewalk for you. You can easily get the Ambient Music Mod working without any issue. But users who are new to the Module need to be precise with steps to get the Mod working.
If you have a rooted phone, then you must try this Mod. It is one of the most awaited features which now comes as a Module for Android users. Also, since it’s in the initial phase you may face some issues. But you can report bugs to developers, you can expect them to be fixed in future updates.
So, there you have it, the guide on how to get Ambient Music Mod on Android phones. If you are using the Ambient Music Mod, let us know your experience. In case of any queries, let us know in the comment section.