Apple releases iOS 16.4 with a slew of useful features. The update brings one of the much-needed features dubbed as Voice Isolation. Yes, the same feature available on FaceTime for better calls is now available for regular cellular calls. If you want to boost the call quality on your iPhone, here’s how you can turn on the Voice Isolation feature on your iPhone.
Voice Isolation lets you filter out the background sounds using iPhone’s built-in microphone. Yes, it is a big feature to improve the overall cellular calls. In 2021, Apple brought big changes to the FaceTime calls with iOS 15. Voice Isolation was first introduced for FaceTime calls and now the big feature is available for regular phone calls.
In the iOS 16.4 release notes, Apple officially announces the Voice Isolation feature, stating, “Voice Isolation for mobile calls prioritizes your voice and blocks out ambient noise around you”.
As per details on the Apple support page, the feature is available on certain iPhones, here’s a complete list of iPhones that support the Voice Isolation feature.
- iPhone SE (2nd Gen)
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS | XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro | Pro Max
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro | Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Mini
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 Pro | Pro Max
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro | Pro Max
How to enable and use Voice Isolation for phone calls
If you are in a noisy environment and want your voice to be heard clearly during regular cellular calls, you can turn on the Voice Isolation mode. It prioritizes your voice and blocks the ambient noise. Here’s how you can enable Voice Isolation on your iPhone running on iOS 16.4.
- Open the Phone app and make a regular audio phone call.
- Once you see the Phone call interface on the screen, pull down the Control Center with a swipe-down gesture from the top-right corner.
- Tap the Mic Mode button at the top right.
- Select Voice Isolation.
- That’s it.
These simple steps allow enabling Voice Isolation during phone calls.
The Wide Spectrum is another feature that lets you make improvements on cellular calls, but the feature is not yet available for phone calls, you can use it for FaceTime calls. Wide Spectrum is a reversal of Voice Isolation, it enhances your voice as well as the voices around you. It will be expanded to phone calls in the future.
Voice Isolation is not the only change coming with the iOS 16.4 update. The update brings a big list of changes which includes 21 new emojis, 5G standalone support, notifications for web apps, and more. You can check out the complete details in this article or features list in this story.
- How to Customize iPhone Lock Screen [Ultimate Guide]
- How to Change App Icons on iPhone [iOS 16]
- Apple Music Classical Price, Features, Availability, Download, and More
- 15 Best Icon Packs for iPhone and iPad
- How to Sideload apps on iPhone and iPad [Easy Guide]
- How to set different lock screen and home screen wallpaper on iOS 16
- How to Delete Lock Screen Wallpapers in iOS 16
- 28 Stunning Hide the Dock Wallpapers for iPhone – YMWC 13