iOS 16 brings a major overhaul to the iPhone lock screen. The new personalization tools add a bunch of new options to choose wallpapers and customize the lock screen using the new lock screen widgets, clock styles, various colors, depth effects, and more.
There’s no doubt that you can use these options to make different setups on your iPhone, but things are not so simple when it comes to applying different wallpapers for the lock screen and home screen. Here’s how you can set a different home screen wallpaper on iOS 16.
By default, the new system promotes using the same wallpaper on the lock screen and the home screen. It looks good in some cases, such as with the astronomy wallpapers or the new pride wallpaper but not always. And if you want to use custom wallpaper on your iPhone and want to know how to set different wallpapers on the lock screen and home screen, then here are all the different ways to change the home screen wallpaper on iOS 16.
Let’s dive right into the steps.
How to change wallpaper on iOS 16 [first time after upgrade]
iOS 16 is now available to the public, upgrading to the new software will not change the wallpaper, it uses the same wallpaper as on iOS 15. Whether you want to customize the wallpaper or change wallpaper, you can tap and hold on the lock screen, then tap on the Customize option for customization, or tap on the + icon at the bottom right corner to change the wallpaper. Tapping + icon will bring a new wallpaper gallery from there you can pick any wallpaper or set a custom photo of your choice by selecting the Photos option.
How to set a different wallpaper on home screen and lock screen
Now there are two ways to change the wallpaper. One is the traditional Settings app method, while the second method is from the lock screen itself.
First, let’s take a look at the traditional method.
- Open settings on your iPhone running on iOS 16.
- Scroll down a bit, then tap wallpaper.
- On the wallpaper screen, you will see this preview of the lock screen and the home screen with the option for customization.
- For changing the home screen wallpaper tap customize button available below the home screen preview.
- Now there are three options you can use to change the wallpaper on your home screen. As the name suggests color options allow you to set a simple plain color background of your choice, you can use the gradient option if you want a good combination of colors.
- If you want to set a custom picture as the home screen background then you can tap photos then pick your favorite picture from the photos.
- Once done, you can tap the blur option for additional effects if you want. Optionally, you can swipe to the left or right to add a filter or crop the photo.
- Tap the done button at the top right corner.
- That’s it.
PRO TIP: You can set up multiple lock screens on iOS 16, you can tap and hold the lock screen and swipe between your saved lock screen setups.
Set a different wallpaper from the Lock Screen
Apple introduces a new way to change the wallpaper on iPhone with iOS 16. You can personalize or decorate your iPhone directly from the lock screen. As mentioned earlier, there are two methods for changing wallpaper on the iPhone, you already know the traditional way, so now let’s take a look at the second and new method introduced with iOS 16.
- Press the power button on your iPhone, unlock your iPhone by authenticating with Face ID or Touch ID on older models.
- Once unlocked, tap and hold for a second on the lock screen to get the wallpaper customization pop-up menu.
- Tap customize then select done at the top right corner.
- Select customize the home screen, and now you will see the same menu we have discussed in the previous section.
- Simply choose the image you want.
- That’s it.
If you change your mind and want to change the wallpaper in the future, then you can follow any of these methods and follow the same steps to change the background.
So, these are the two easy ways by which you can apply a different home screen wallpaper on your iPhone running on iOS 16. If you have any query, then leave a comment in the comment box.
- How to Remove the Home Screen Search Button in iOS 16
- How to Activate an eSIM on iPhone 14 and 14 Pro in the US
- How to Lock Hidden Albums on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Change Notifications Layout on Lock Screen [iOS 16]
- How to Merge and Delete Duplicate Photos on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to batch edit photos on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone [iOS 16]