iOS 16 brings a much-needed revamp to the lock screen of the iPhone with the new lock screen customization options. And things get better with the iOS 17. The new customization features bring a wallpaper gallery in the lock screen, a depth effect for wallpapers, widgets, and more useful tools.
Thanks to the new customization features, there are a bunch of different ways to customize the iPhone’s lock screen. Obviously, wallpapers and widgets are one of the easiest ways to start with customization. People love the new lock screen customization features and created different combinations.
If you’ve been tinkering with these new customization features and have ended up with a cluttered lock screen wallpaper gallery filled with outdated designs, worry not! In this guide, we’ll show you how you can delete wallpapers on your iPhone.
Just want to mention a quick note that, I am not talking about the stock iOS 16 wallpapers, I am talking about the manually created wallpaper combinations.
How to Delete Wallpapers on iPhone
First things first, the ability to remove wallpapers only works on the iPhones running iOS 16, iOS 17, or newer versions. If your iPhone is on an older version then you cannot delete wallpapers from your iPhone. And the best thing about this method is, there’s no need to install any third-party application, you can easily delete the lock screen wallpaper setups directly from the lock screen gallery.
Follow these steps to remove the wallpapers.
- Unlock your iPhone using Face ID or Touch ID. You cannot go to the wallpaper gallery by unlocking the iPhone with a passcode.
- Simply, tap and hold on the empty area on your lock screen.
- Now find the wallpaper which you want to remove from the lock screen wallpaper gallery by swiping left or right.
- When you find the lock screen setup, simply swipe up the wallpaper.
- Tap the Remote icon, it will delete this lock screen wallpaper combination from your iPhone. (Yes, this method is very similar to the way of removing watch faces from the Apple Watch.)
- Select the Delete this Wallpaper option for confirmation.
- That’s it.
Apple is all set to release the iOS 17 for the public. But till then, there’s no way to select multiple wallpapers and delete them at once. Instead, you can manually go to each screen and remove it manually.
With iOS 16 and iOS 17, Apple has given iPhone users unprecedented control over their lock screen aesthetics. Whether you’re a fan of wallpapers, widgets, or other customization options, this guide has shown you how to declutter your lock screen effortlessly.
If you are looking for some stunning wallpapers for your iPhone’s lock screen, then make sure to check out our list of 50+ best depth effect wallpapers.
If you own the iPhone 14 Pro or the iPhone 14 Pro Max and looking for dynamic island-optimized wallpaper, then check out this wallpaper collection.
- 20 Best Minimalist Wallpapers for iPhone and Android – YMWC 11
- Download: iPhone 1 to iPhone 14 Wallpapers [Complete Collection]
- How to Change Wallpaper Automatically on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to set different lock screen and home screen wallpaper on iOS 16
- How to Enable 5G on iPhone 12, 13, and 14
- How to use Apple Music Sing feature on Apple TV
- How to use Apple Music Sing feature on iPhone and iPad