iOS 16.4 is finally available to everyone after several rounds of beta testing and a release candidate last week. iOS 16.4 arrives a day earlier than we expected. This is a big update after iOS 16.3 update for iPhone users. Let’s find out more about the latest iOS 16.4.
Even after three major updates since the release of iOS 16, Apple managed to bring a lot of new changes and features to iOS 16.4. Yes, there are some interesting features in the update which you are going to love.
iOS 16.4 and iPadOS 16.4 comes with the same build number which is 20E247. Yes, it’s a different build number than the release candidate, so there will be some difference from last week’s update.
Talking about new features and changes, it includes everything from the first beta up to the release candidate. This includes 21 new emojis in the Emoji keyboard, Voice Isolation to reduce noise during calls, page turn-in animation is back in Apple Books, Notifications for web apps added to the home screen, and more. You can check the complete changelog below.
- 21 new emoji including animals, hand gestures and objects are now available in emoji keyboard
- Notifications for web apps added to the Home Screen
- Voice Isolation for mobile calls prioritizes your voice and blocks out ambient noise around you
- Duplicates album in Photos expands support to detect duplicate photos and videos in an iCloud Shared Photo Library
- VoiceOver support for maps in the Weather app
- Accessibility setting to automatically dim video when flashes of light or strobe effects are detected
- Visual Look Up is now available in South Africa
- Fixes an issue where Ask to Buy requests from children may fail to appear on the parent’s device
- Addresses issues where Matter-compatible thermostats could become unresponsive when paired to Apple Home
- Crash Detection optimizations on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models
The update also brings the new Apple Music Classical app.
The iOS 16.4 is available to everyone with eligible iPhones. If you are on a public build, then you will receive the new update on your device. You can check for the update by going to Settings > General > Software Update. And here you can download and install the new update.
If you want to receive beta updates, then you need to either sign in to your developer account or a public account that is opted for beta update. Yes, beta profile may no longer work. This is also a change that was first included in one of the iOS 16.4 beta, but it wasn’t completely working. But it is expected to work as intended from the public build.