We live in a world where a majority of the electronic devices we use have connectivity to the internet. The same can be said for SmartTVs. These are devices that have improved in the audio and visual departments. They have also improved the way how users can use services on the TV as they shift from cable networks to internet-based streaming services. Hisense is a popular TV brand that manufactures smart TVs for people who do not wish to spend way too much on a TV. Hisense smart TVs come with Android TV OS, Roku OS, and VIDAA OS. Here is a guide on how to download apps on Hisense SmartTV.
RokuOS as we all know is a very popular OS found on TVs and Roku boxes and sticks. This is an OS that has a ton of internet-based services that you can use to watch a variety of streaming services. VIDAA on the other hand is a TV OS that was introduced in 2019 and is preinstalled on Hisense and Toshiba TVs. These OS’s let you browse through and download apps to your TV easily. So, if you are someone that has recently purchased an Android TV OS, RokuOS, or VIDAA OS-powered Hisense SmartTV, here is a guide on how you can download apps to the TV.
How to download apps on Hisense Roku TV
- Power up your Hisense Roku Smart TV.
- Make sure that is connected to a working internet connection.
- Now, press the Home button on your Hisense Roku TV remote.
- Highlight the Home option and then press the right arrow on the Roku TV remote.
- Now, scroll down through the list till you see the Add Channel option.
- When you select the Add Channel option you will be taken to a screen.
- This screen will show you different categories of channels that you can browse through and install.
- Once you have found the desired channel that you wish to install, highlight it.
- Now, press the OK button and then select the Add Channel button on your TV.
- In a few seconds, the channel will now be added to your Hisense Roku TV.
- You can now select Go to Channel option to stream the channel right away.
How to download apps on Hisense VIDAA OS TV
- Power up your Hisense VIDAA OS SmartTV and connect it to a working internet connection.
- Grab the TV remote and navigate over to the My Apps option and select it.
- Now, navigate and select the App Stoe from within the My Apps list.
- With the App Store open, simply scroll around to look for the pap that you wish to install on your Hisense Smart TV.
- Once the app has been selected, simply highlight and select the install button.
- The app will now be installed onto your Hisense Smart TV.
- Simply launch the app to stream it right away.
How to download apps on Hisense TV (Android OS)
- Power up the Hisense Android TV and connect it to the WiFi network.
- Now, with the TV remote, select the Apps tab on the top.
- You will now see a list of various apps that are ready to be installed on your TV.
- Simply browse through the list of apps and select the one that you want to install.
- Alternatively, you can use the Google Voice Search function to search and download apps to your Android Hisense TV.
There’s one more way by which you can download apps on Hisense Smart TV, you can simply open the Google Play Store and search for the app you want to download, once you find the app tap on install, that’s it.
How to download apps on Hisense TV (VEWD App Store)
If you have the VEWD App Store on your Hisense smart tv, then you do not need to install apps onto it. VEWD is a cloud-based app store for the Hinse Smart TVs
- Press the Apps button on your Hisense TV remote.
- Make sure your TV is connected to the internet.
- Navigate and select the VEWD App Store from the main home screen on your Hisense TV.
- With the app store opened, simply browse and select the app that you wish to have on your Hisense TV.
- Once you have found your app, select it using the OK button.
- The app will be added to your home screen right away.
And these are the four ways you can install and download apps onto your Hisense SmartTV, based on the type of Hisense SmartTV that you have. The app stores on all the Hisense TVs have free apps that you can download. Sure, some apps let you watch content for free while others will require you to have a subscription to stream content.
You May Also Like – How to use Hisense TV without Remote
If you have any queries about installing and downloading apps on your Hisense SmartTVs, you can drop them in the comments section below.
More Related Articles: