Huawei is now pushing EMUI 10 update based on Android 10 for Huawei P30 & P30 Pro. The new update brings many cool features that are going to enhance user experience. Huawei earlier said that both P30 & P30 Pro would receive the update starting mid-November. And Huawei kept its word, and now the Android 10 based EMUI 10 update for Huawei P30 & P30 Pro is rolling out.
As of now, the EMUI 10 update is rolling out for P30 & P30 pro in china, but soon it is expected to release globally. Huawei Mate 20 Pro also got the EMUI 10 update a month back. In the Huawei P30 EMUI 10 update, it is going to be very similar features as the Mate 20 Pro update. We will discuss features later in this article.
The Huawei P30 and P30 pro are receiving EMUI 10 updates in china, while some users from the US also reported they are getting an EMUI 9 update with October 2019 security patch.
Huawei P30 & P30 Pro EMUI 10 Update – Info
Huawei P30 & P30 Pro are getting the update with EMUI 10 version 10.0.0.166 (C00E66R2P11), and the size of the update is around 5.02 GB for regular users and 1 GB for beta users. The update is rolling out in batches, so it is possible that some users receive the update later. But users can easily update Huawei P30 and P30 Pro manually. If you don’t know how to update, then go through the guide at last.
Huawei P30 and P30 Pro are the flagship phones of 2019 and packs with some great specs. Both phones released in March with Android 9 based on EMUI 9 OS, and now it’s finally getting the Android 10 based EMUI 10 OS. Many users have been waiting for this update and still, users outside of China may have to wait a little more.
As of now, the OTA zip for the Huawei P30 & P30 Pro is not available for now. But as soon as we get the file, we will update the article with download links.
The features that you will get with the EMUI 10 update are, change in the user interface, system-wide dark mode, increased system performance, and many more. Huawei P20 and P20 pro are also in the list of receiving EMUI 10 update, and most probably, it will get in the end of November.
- Take a full backup before updating your device
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Internet connection is required
- HiCare App should be installed on your phone
How to Install Huawei P30 & P30 Pro EMUI 10 Update (Android 10)
If you did not receive the update, then go through the following steps, and you will get the EMUI 10 update. This is an official method and no need to worry about losing data, but taking a backup is always recommended.
- Connect your phone to an active Internet connection.
- Open HiCare App on your Huawei P30 or P30 Pro.
- Log in with your Huawei account, skip if you have already logged in.
- Now when the app asks for location access, provide it, and if not, then check in the settings (App info settings).
- In the HiCare App, click on Update option.
- Now you will see EMUI 10 update for your phone.
- Then click on the Update button, and it will redirect you to System Updater.
- In the Updater, click on Download and Install to update your P30 or P30 Pro to the EMUI 10.
- It will first download the update and then install it on your phone.
- After the installation, the phone will auto reboot.
- That’s all now you have the latest EMUI 10 on your Huawei P30 phone.
Now you can enjoy Android 10 based on EMUI 10 on your Huawei P30 and P30 Pro.