The PlayStation 5 is a great gaming console simply because of the number of exclusive games that it has. You have games like Spiderman, God Of War, and Gran Turismo just to name a few. Now, the PS5 has a good number of features that make it stand out over its competitor the Microsoft Xbox Series X. Now, because the PS5 has a good number of features, you can also remotely control your PS5 using your mobile device.
In today’s guide, we will be taking a look at how you can control and use your PS5 remotely on your mobile device wirelessly. This great feature is called Remote Play. if you are looking at what the feature is and how you can make use of it, you have come to the right place.
How to Control PS5 with Smartphone using Remote Play
Before we dive into the steps of how you can control your PlayStation 5 with your mobile phone via Remote Play, here is a list of things that you will be needing in order to get this feature working.
- PlayStation 5
- PlayStation 5 Controller
- WiFi network
- Remote Play App
- Android or iPhone
- PlayStation Network Account
Setup Remote Play App
The Remote Play app is the app that you need if you plan to control and eventually play a few video games remotely on your mobile device without having to be next to the PlayStation itself.
- First off, you will need to download the app if you don’t already have it installed. The app is available for free for Android and iPhone.
- Once the app has been downloaded, connect your mobile device to the WiFi network.
- Launch the app and sign in with the same PlayStation Network Account that has been used to sign in to the PlayStation 5 itself.
Setup PlayStation 5 for Remote Play
Once you have the app set up doesn’t mean the PS5 is ready to work right away. Here are a few steps that you need to follow to adjust some settings to make it ready for Remote Play.
- Launch the PS5 and connect it to the same WiFi network as that of your mobile device.
- From the home screen of your PS5 console, select the Settings option.
- Under Settings, head into System followed by Remote Play.
- Select the Remote Play option and turn it on.
- Now, go back to the Settings option select System and select Power Saving.
- Here you need to select the Features Available In Rest Mode option.
- Now, turn on the Stay Connected To The Internet option and Enable Turning On PS5 from the Network options.
- You will be able to make use of the Remote Play feature on your phone with the PS5.
Use Remote Play on your Mobile Device
Now that you have set up the PS5 and the Remote Play app on your it’s time to make use of the Remote Play feature. Here are the steps to begin the Remote Play feature.
- Power up PlayStation 5 or simply keep it on the Rest Mode feature.
- Open up the Remote Play app on your mobile device.
- Make sure you have signed into the app with the same account on your PS5.
- Now, select the PS5 option.
- The app will begin to search for your PS5 provided you have both devices connected to the same wifi network.
- Once it finds your PS5, it will automatically connect to it.
- Once you are connected, tap the screen of your device to bring out the on-screen controls for your PS5.
- You can now control and even play your favorite video games from your PlayStation 5 tight onto your Android or iPhone.
- You can also make use of the microphone by turning it on or off.
- The Remote Play app also works when you put it in the Picture in Picture mode.
- You can quit from Remote Paly by selecting Options followed by Settings and finally selecting Disconnect.
This concludes the guide on how you can make use of Remote Play on your PlayStation 5 by just using your mobile device. With Remote Play, you will be able to make the best of your PS5. Whether you are in another room or your PS5 cannot be connected to a TV for the time being, Remote Play comes in very handy. Remote Play also lets you join and create new parties, add friends and even talk to your friends using your mobile device itself.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.