The PlayStation 5 is a great console and has been sold in large numbers. When it comes to the PS5, there are a lot of games that you can play as a single-player as well as multiplayer. Now there is more fun when you are playing video games with your friends, especially the ones that have online multiplayer modes. Did you know that you can easily create and even join a multiplayer party on your PS5? Well, it is simple and easy.
If you’re someone who has just picked up a brand new PS5, here is our guide on how you can create or join a party on your PS5.
In this guide, we will show you how to create your own party on PS5 as well as join one when your friend sends you an invite. The guide will also be talking about how you can add friends to the party and even show you how you can text your friends at an online party on your PS5.
Let’s get started.
Here is the list of things you will need to make use of the party feature on your PS5
- PS5 Console
- Good Internet Connection
- PS5 Dual Sense Controller
- PlayStation Account
- Some Friends Added to your Account
How to Create a Group on PS5
You can easily create a Group on your PS5. This kind of online party lets you and your friends be together, chat, and enjoy playing games together. You can follow these steps to create a group on your PS5.
- Power up your PS5, and connect it to the WiFi network.
- Now, press the PS button on your controller.
- The Control Center should now open.
- Select the game base option.
- Select Create Party option or navigate to the Messages option and choose the New Message option.
- You will now be able to add friends from your friend list to your group.
- In this way, you can create a group chat on your PS5.
How to Create a Voice Party on PS5
Creating a group is simple when you just want to text your friends. But, do you know that you can also create a voice party on your PS5? Here are the steps to create one.
- Grab the controller and press the PS button on it.
- The Game Base should now appear on your screen.
- Navigate to the Parties tab and choose the Select Party option.
- You can now choose to create either an Open Party or a Closed party.
- Simply follow the instructions and your party will now be created.
- If you have an open party, anyone from your friend list can join your party. However, when a closed party has been created, only people who are invited to the party can join. Other people will not be able to see or join the party.
How to Join a Voice Party on PS5
If your friend has created an open party on the PS5, you can easily join that party. These are the steps to join an already existing open party.
- Launch the Game Base on your PS5 by pressing the PS button on your controller.
- Select the Parties tab from the Game Base screen.
- You will be able to see a list of parties. You can easily join parties that have the text Joinable next to them.
- Select the party that you wish to join. Choose the Join option.
- If you see a party that is a closed one, you can click on the Request To Join option. This sends a notification to the party creator to either allow or reject you from joining the party.
If you receive a join request then you can accept the share screen option and play together with your friends.
Adjust Player Volume in PS5 Party
Since the party option on your, PS5 lets you and your friends have voice chats with everyone, it can sometimes be annoying when a particular player’s voice is way too loud. Thankfully, you can target rid of such noise by adjusting the person’s volume. Follow these steps.
- Open the Control Center by pressing the PS button on your controller.
- Highlight the player whose volume you wish to reduce.
- Select the Volume option and simply lower the volume for that particular player.
- Now, these same volume settings will always be set when you and the player are in the same party on the PS5.
Disable Voice Chat in PS5 Party
Sometimes it’s good to have all your friends together. But, it can be annoying when all of them start to talk for no reason in the voice chat. To solve this issue, you can easily disable Voice Chat in your PS5 party. Follow these steps.
- Launch the Control Center on your PS5 by pressing the PS button on the controller.
- The Game Base screen should now show up on your screen.
- Select the Sound option.
- Finally, choose Disable Game Chat Audio.
- Now, there will be no voice chat at your PS5 party. Only the person who has created the party will be able to make such changes.
Remove a Person from PS5 Party
If you are someone who has created the party on your PS5, you can also easily remove people from your party who might be abusive or simply spamming and misbehaving. Here are the steps to remove a player from the party on a PS5.
- Open the Party chat and select the person that you wish to remove from the party.
- Once the person has been selected, press the Options button.
- You will see an option that says Kick Out.
- Once you select the option, the person will now be removed from your PS5 party. To prevent such people from joining your party, it is best to create a closed party.
This concludes the guide on everything you need to know about creating, joining, and leaving a party. Also, there are other adjustments you can make to the party which can be made only if you are the creator of the PS5 party. If you have questions or queries, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.