Smart TVs have now become a part of our everyday life. We use smart TVs to watch our favorite programs either through cable through the various streaming services available. And to access all of it, you need to be connected to the internet, either wired or wireless. The internet connection is a must to watch content on Hisense Roku TV. However, there could be times when your TV simply won’t connect to WiFi. Follow this guide to know how to fix Hisense Roku TV not connecting to WiFi.
Now, it can get annoying when you have an active and working WiFi connection, but your TV just doesn’t want to connect to it at all. Well of course you could make use of a wired connection from the router to your TV, but if your TV is far away from the router or in another room altogether, then the wired connection is not suitable. So, read along to know solutions and troubleshooting methods to fix your Hisense Roku TV not connecting to WiFi.
Hisense Roku TV not connecting to WiFi
There could be a lot of reasons as to why your Hisense Roku TV might not connect to your WiFi connection. Sometimes, it could be an issue with the network settings, or maybe even a bug in a new Hisense TV firmware update that is temporarily causing this issue. Follow these troubleshooting methods to fix the WiFi connection issue.
Check your WiFi Connection
It is always best to test and see if your connection is at fault or not. Simply connect your mobile phone or a desktop to the WiFi network and test it out. Also, do a speed test to see if your connection speeds are according to what your ISP plan provides. If there are any issues, you can always get them fixed by calling up your ISP and explaining the problems that you notice. Otherwise, if your connection is all perfect, head over to the next step.
Disconnect Hisense Roku TV from WiFi
The best way is to forget the Wireless network and then reconnect to it. This can sometimes work and solve any minor issues that might have been causing the Hisense Roku TV not connecting to WiFi at all. Follow these steps to forget the WiFi network.
- Press the Home button on the remote and navigate over to Settings.
- Under Settings, select System > Advanced System Settings > Network Connection Reset.
- Now select Reset Connection and press the OK button.
- Your Hisense Roku TV will reboot and it will now forget all WiFi networks it has ever connected to.
- To connect back to your WiFi network simply navigate to Settings > Network > Wireless.
- Select Setup up a new WiFi connection and select your WiFi network. Enter the password and you should now be able to connect to the internet.
Even after forgetting and reconnecting to the WiFi network you are not able to connect to it, follow the next method.
Reset Hisense Roku TV
This is one of the solutions that should help end the issue of your Hisense Roku TV not connecting to WiFi network. Resetting the Hisense Roku TV will restore the TV to its factory settings. There are two ways to reset the Hisense Roku TV: Hard Reset and Soft Reset. You can follow this guide to know how to reset your Hisense Roku TV in detail.
Check for HiSense Roku TV updates
Sometimes there could be a bug or glitch in the software that might be preventing the TV from connecting to the WiFi network. You can download the update on your computer and then install it on your TV. Here is how you download an update to your TV.
- Get a USB flash drive that has at least 500 MB of free space.
- Head over to the Roku Software download page by clicking here.
- Select Hisense TV from the list.
- Now, enter the Roku Model number. You can find the model number by simply heading over to Settings > System > About. You will see the four-digit Roku model number. Enter it and click on Next.
- You will see the Download Software button. Click on it to download the software (update.roku) onto your system. Then, copy the file to your USB drive, don’t copy it under any folder (a format is recommended before copying the file). Don’t close the Roku software page yet.
- Now plug it into the TV. Press the Home button and Navigate to Settings > System > System update > I can’t connect. Your TV will now scan the USB drive for the update file. If you see update file could not be found error, then you are already on the latest update.
- The TV will now display a 12-digit code. You will have to enter it into the Roku website. After entering it, you will get a 6-digit code. Enter it onto the Roku TV. The software update will now begin the installation.
- Once the update has been installed, the TV will now reboot and you should be ready to use the TV.
- Even if after installing the new update, if your HiSense Roku TV does not connect to your WiFi, follow the next method.
Disable Internet Pings
To access the system operations menu on your Hisense Roku TV, do the following.
- Press the Home button on your remote 5 times.
- Now, press the fast-forward button once, followed by the play button and the rewind button once.
- Press the play button, followed by the fast-forward button.
- You will now get a menu screen, Select the System Operations Menu.
- Scroll to where it says Disable Network Pings and select it. The option should now read as Enable Network Pings.
- Next, press the Home Button to go back to the Home Screen.
- To forcefully restart the TV, press the Home button 5 times.
- Press the UP button once followed by the rewind button two times and the fast forward button two times.
- Your TV screen should now begin to glitch out for a while. The TV may freeze for around 30 seconds.
- A black screen will appear and then the TV will reboot.
And this should fix the issue of your Hisense Roku TV not connecting to WiFi connection, to use this method, you will need to make use of the original Hisense Roku TV remote.
Following all these steps should help fix your Hisense Roku TV to connect to your WiFi network. If still, you are not able to connect to the WiFi network, it might be best to ring in customer support or probably send in your TV for a replacement if it is within the warranty period. It is best to not attempt to forcefully open up the TV by yourself, as it might either get damaged and the customer service might refuse to fix your TV.
You May Also Like – How to turn off Voice on Roku TVs
If you’ve any queries, then leave the comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: