Sony’s PlayStation 5 DualSense Controller is one of the best wireless controllers. While it is great to have a wireless controller, we all have the battery anxiety issue.
Thankfully, the DualSenses PS5 controllers are all rechargeable and don’t have any removable batteries. There are many ways to get your PS5 controller charged and today, we will be looking at the different ways you can follow to charge your PS5 controller.
The best part about owning these wireless DualSense controllers is that you can easily charge the controllers in various ways. We have listed them below. You can choose whichever method is convenient for you.
How to Charge Sony PS5 DualSense Controller using PS5
The most basic and common method to charge your PS5 controller is by plugging it into the PS5 console and charging the controller right away.
For this, you simply need to grab a USB-C to USB-A cable. Next, you plug the USB-C side of the cable into the controller and the USB-A side into the USB-A port on your PS5 console.
The lights on the controller will pulse to an orange color. Also, make sure that your PS5 console is switched on.
How to Charge Sony PS5 Controller When PS5 Is In Rest Mode
If you do not want to keep your PS5 on all the time, you can put the PS5 in Rest Mode and plug your controller to charge it up. You can follow these steps to enable Rest Mode on your PS5 console.
- Grab the PS5 controller and press the PS button on your controller.
- A Power Options menu will appear on the right side of the screen.
- From the menu, simply navigate and select Rest mode. The PlayStation 5 will now enter Rest Mode.
However, this is not the end. You will have to enable the Supply USB Power option while the PS5 is in Rest Mode. Here are the steps for it.
- Using the Controller, navigate and select the Settings option from your home screen of the PS5.
- With the Settings menu open, select the Systems option.
- Finally, navigate and select the Power Saving option.
- Make sure to have the toggle On to where it says Supply Power to USB Ports.
- Now, when the PS5 is in Rest Mode, you can plug your controller into the PS5 via the USB cable and charge the DualSense controller right away.
How to Charge Sony PS5 Controller Without Console
Using a Charging Brick
You can use this method to charge your PS5 controllers if you are not near your PS5 console. This method simply requires you to use the USB cable and plug one end into the controller and the other end into the power brick of your phone or even your laptop. This method works perfectly fine for your DualSense PS5 controller.
Additionally, you can plug your PS5 controller into your PC’s USB port or into a power bank to charge the controller’s battery. The controller will charge just as you would expect it – like all other devices that can charge this way.
Using The DualSense Charging Station
If for some reason you aren’t satisfied with any of the charging methods for your PS5 DualSense controllers, the best way to sort this out is by getting yourself the DualSense Charging Station. This is a neat little charging station that you can use to prop up the DualSense controller and leave it charging when you aren’t using the controllers.
You can easily get the charging dock for your DualSense controllers from PlayStation’s official website. You can click on this link to check the charging station out. The DualSense Charging Station of your PS5 controllers will cost you $29.99.
Once you get yourself the charging station, make sure that the charging station is plugged into a power source. Once that is done simply sit your PS5 controllers onto the charging station. There are connector pins at the bottom of the controller. Make sure to line them up properly with the pins on the charging station.
DualSense Battery Capacity and Charging Time
If you have the DualSense controller, it has a battery capacity of 1,650mAh. However, if you own the DualSense Edge wireless controller, it comes with a 1,050mAh battery. A fully charged DualSense wireless controller for your PS5 will work non-stop for 12 hours. However, you will be required to keep the DualSense controller charging for about 3 hours to full capacity.
This concludes everything you need to know about the different methods that you can follow to charge up your DualSense wireless controller for your PS5.
From all of the above-mentioned methods, which method is the most convenient way to charge your PS5 DualSense controller? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
- How Much Power Does the Sony PS5 Consume
- How to Set Up PlayStation Portal For Remote Play with PS5
- How to Use PlayStation’s Remote Play on any Device
- Can you Change Wallpaper and Theme on PlayStation 5?
- How to turn on PlayStation 5 using Discord
- How To Use Discord Voice Chat On PlayStation 5
- How to Connect PlayStation VR 2 to PlayStation 5 [Guide]