Samsung has already released One UI beta for Note 8 and Note 9, and the stable release for S9/S9+. Now, the company is testing One UI on S8/S8+, and you can Download Android Pie for Samsung S8. The update first comes on the Snapdragon variant based on US region. So, Here’s the step by step guide on How to Download Samsung One UI for Galaxy S8 with the installation process. Let’s see, What new comes with this update on S8.
Samsung One UI – Details
Samsung One UI is specially made for the Galaxy S-series smartphones, one big reason is the smartphone built. If you like to use your phone with a single hand. Then One UI is one of the perfect updates for you. It comes with enhanced modern UI, which allows you to use the phone with a single hand. All the interactive element in the apps, which makes it easy to use.
One UI packs with various new features, it comes with a new night mode which helps you in saving the battery and reducing the eye strain. One UI features the new icons & wallpapers. All other features are same as the experience UI, like Bixby assistant, home screen widgets, and more. The new One UI is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Although, Samsung claims that, one UI provides the faster & smoother user experience.
Download Android Pie for Samsung S8 & S8+
The new firmware runs on Android Pie 9.0 for Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) and S8+ (SM-G955U), with a build number of G950USQU5DRL6 and G955USQU5DRL5. So, Let’s Dive into the process on How to Install or Update One UI Beta on S8 and S8+.
- Take a backup of your phone, before installing the OTA. Here’s the Guide to take full backup.
- Sideload OTAs doesn’t harm KNOX counter, so you can install it without worry.
- Charge your phone more than 50%, because the process will take time to update the phone.
- Note: One UI Beta update is available to Snapdragon variant only.
- Must check the build number, it is made available to G950USQU5CRK1 and G955USQU5CRK1 based on Android Oreo 8.1.
- You may also need Samsung USB Drivers. If you’re doing first time on your pc.
Download Samsung One UI for Galaxy S8 & S8+
First, you need to download one UI OTA update for your Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+. Make sure to take care of the model number and the build number of your device. So, Here are the files to download.
Note: First you need to update CRK1 > CRL1 & then install CRL1 > DRL5/6 for Android 9.0 Pie with One UI. Also, Do not attempt install this update on Samsung Galaxy S8 (Exynos) variant.
Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U)
- Download CRK1 for Samsung S8 (CRK1)
- Download Oreo OTA for Samsung S8 (Android Oreo | CRK1 > CRL1)
- Download Samsung S8 One UI Beta OTA (Android Pie | CRL1 > DRL6)
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955U)
- Download Oreo OTA for Samsung S8+ (Android Oreo | CRK1 > CRL1)
- Download Samsung S8+ One UI Beta OTA (Android Pie | CRL1 > DRL5)
Tools You May Need
How to Install One UI Beta OTA on Galaxy S8/S8+
- At first, make sure to check the build number of your phone. As we mentioned in the download section. Update to CRL1 then only install DRL5/DRL6.
- After downloading, Connect your phone to PC
- Copy the OTAs in the internal/external storage.
- Now, Power off your smartphone.
- Boot into the bootloader mode, by pressing and holding Volume Up, Bixby, and Power button simultaneously.
- Under Recovery Mode, select “Apply Update from SD Card“.
- Select the One UI OTA update package.
- Tap on the Yes option for the confirmation.
- After the installation process finishes & Select “Reboot System Now” option.
- That’s it.
This is the best method to install Android Pie update on your Galaxy S8. After rebooting the phone, you will start using one UI android pie. Samsung improves the overall UI experience and makes it faster and smoother. So, try it now on your S8 or S8 Plus.
See Also | Best Samsung Themes for Galaxy Phones
If you have any queries with you, drop a comment down in the comment section. Also, Share this article with your friends.