Nokia is back in the smartphone league after adopting Android OS. Nokia phones run on stock Android like UI, and they don’t require any specific drivers to connect to the PC. But when it comes to connecting with other software like PC Suite or Flash Tool, you need Nokia drivers. Without drivers, Nokia tools will not be able to recognize Nokia phones. And so we are here with the latest Nokia USB Drivers that you can download.
Nokia phones are very popular now, especially in the mid-range budget, and it is also known for providing the latest Android updates to eligible phones. But if you don’t get updates on your phone, you can flash firmware manually, and in that case you will need Nokia USB driver.
The USB driver plays an essential role in mobile phones, and it acts as a bridge between two devices. You can use Nokia USB driver to connect Nokia phone to a computer to transfer files like contacts, media files, documents, backups, etc. It also helps users to flash stock firmware on Nokia phones using the Nokia OST tool. Basically, Nokia USB Driver is a medium between a computer and a Nokia phone or say between two devices. You can download the latest drivers for your Nokia phone from the list in the download section.
Nokia USB Driver Features
Support All Nokia Phones – The driver supports all the Nokia phones listed in the above list. It allows connecting the Nokia phones with computers or laptops.
Transfer Files – Nokia USB Driver allows transferring files from Computer or laptop to Nokia phones. It will help to transfer data like contacts, media, documents, and more.
Detect Device on Flash Tool – Nokia Flash Tool requires Nokia USB Driver to detect Nokia devices so that users can flash Stock Firmware on their phones.
Nokia USB Driver Download [Latest]
How to Install Nokia USB Driver on Windows
You can easily install the all-in-one Nokia USB Driver which is in the older version. But to install the latest version, the method is different. The latest Nokia USB Driver does not come with an executable file, which means you cannot directly install the driver. Follow the installation procedure given below.
- Download the Nokia USB Driver on your computer. If already downloaded then transfer to your computer.
- Extract the downloaded Nokia USB Driver zip file. Remember the location of the extracted folder.
- Right-click on Windows icon and open Device Manager (for Windows 10). For other windows, you can search for Device Manager and open it.
- Make sure Device Manager is open in full Window. Click on Action > Add legacy hardware. If Add option is not appearing wait for 1 minute and again click on Action.
- In the Add hardware wizard click on Next and choose “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)” and click Next > Next.
- In the next tab, click on Have Disk > Browse and locate the android_winusb.inf file (It will be in the extracted Nokia USB Driver folder).
- Select the file and click Open.
- Then click Next and install the Nokia USB Driver. In few seconds it will be installed on your computer.
Now you can use all the Nokia tools which require Nokia USB Driver like the Nokia flash tool, PC Suite, or any other tool. Below we have included features of the Nokia USB Driver.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Nokia Smartphones
If you have any queries in mind, check out the FAQ section.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to connect Nokia phone to pc using USB cable?
To connect a Nokia phone to a PC, you need to install the Nokia USB driver on the same PC to which you are connecting your Nokia phone.
How to install Nokia usb driver on a computer?
You can install the Nokia USB driver by adding it as the legacy hardware. First open Device Manager on your computer then click on Action > Add legacy hardware and then select the android_winusb.inf file.
Do I need Nokia USB driver to root my Nokia phone?
Yes, you do need a Nokia USB driver to root your Nokia phone. Also, you will need another driver called ADB & Fastboot drivers.
What is the use of the Nokia USB driver?
Nokia USB Driver is used to connect Nokia phones to computers for various purposes like flashing Firmware, transferring files, and more.