Huawei phones come with powerful hardware especially flagship phones like Mate 30, Mate 30 Pro. But since the US China trade war, Huawei lost the support for Google services. And without Google services like Play Store, Play Services, Play Games Android phones are just like a normal phone. Although the latest Huawei and Honor phones come with open source Android 10, but without Google Services it is just an ordinary OS. But there are some workarounds to get Google Mobile Services (GMS) on Huawei Phones. Here you will know How to install Google Services on Huawei Phones.
Honor is the sub-brand of Huawei and so all these effects can be seen also in Honor Phones. Latest Huawei & Honor phones like Mate 30, Mate 30 Pro, Honor 9X, Honor 9X Pro, Huawei Y7p, Mate Xs, Honor V30, Honor V30 Pro and others do not have Google Services while on older devices you get the Google services. Now Huawei has its own app store where you can install various Apps but it can’t compete with Play Store by any means. So if you miss the Google Mobile services on your phone then this guide will help you to get it.
As Huawei phones run on open source Android OS, you are eligible to install any supported Android apps on your device. But you can’t directly install Google Play Store, Google Play Service and other apps that are part of GMS. But as you know there are workarounds and some of it is working great for most of the users. If you want to get Google Services on Huawei Mate 30 Pro or other phones, let’s jump into the guide.
How to Install GMS on Huawei Phones
Huawei phones feature great hardware depending on the price range. But it is not wrong to say that without Google Services users can’t experience the full capabilities of provided hardware. But you can push the hardware performance by adding the Google Mobile Services on your Honor & Huawei phones. There are few methods to get the GMS working and we managed to filter out two best methods to get GMS on Huawei phones. So let’s start with the easiest guide and then move to the bit complex guide if the first one is not working for you. Below you will find a list of Huawei and Honor phones in which you can install GMS using the below methods.
- Huawei Mate 30 / 5G
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro / 5G
- Huawei Y7p
- Huawei Nova 6 / 5G
- Huawei Nova 7i
- Huawei Mate XS
- Huawei MediaPad M6
- Huawei MatePad Pro / 5G
- Honor 9X
- Honor 9x Pro
- Honor V30 / Pro
- And more new devices
Method 1: Steps to Install Google Services on Huawei Phones (Easy Method)
This one is really the smallest and easiest guide that you come across while searching for a guide. After seeing the process you might think that how can I get the Google Service running on my device so easily. Yes, it’s possible as it is tested and working like charm. I don’t know who came up with this method but whoever did I really appreciate his/her work. Let’s now get into the steps to install Google Services on Huawei Y7p or other devices that you have.
- First, visit this link and download the Chat Partner app apk file.
- After downloading copy it to your phone storage, skip if apk already exists on your phone.
- Click on the apk to start installing the app on your Huawei or Honor device.
- After installing the app on your device, open it.
- On the next screen, it will ask you to log in and below you will find ‘Detect Device’. Click on the Detect Device to proceed further.
- Now on the new screen click on ‘Repair Now’ and after that click on Activate option.
- The process will start and it can take a few minutes to complete so wait for the 100%.
- Now it will take you to Google sign-in page. So sign in with your Google account.
- You will see the Play Store on your phone and when you open it, you will find it working.
That’s it, now you have Google Services running on your Huawei phone. To test if it’s working, try installing any app from the Play Store. Google recently warned users from sideloading apps from an unknown source until you are confident that the site is safe. So in this case having Play Store will relieve the stress. But if in case it doesn’t work on your phone then follow the below guide to get the GMS on your Honor 9X Pro other devices.
Method 2: Guide to Install Google Services on Huawei Phones (Effective Method)
Here is another guide which is a bit long but effective as well. So if the first method didn’t work, don’t worry you have another chance to get GMS on your Huawei phone. This guide requires additional backup files which are different for each phone, so it’s limited to phones for which link is available. Below you will find the link that we have added using which you install Google Services on your phone.
- Huawei Mate 30 – Download
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro – Download
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G – Download
- Huawei Y7p – Download
After downloading files for your Huawei phone follow the below step by step process to install Play Store on Huawei phones.
- First, take a full backup of your phone before trying anything related to the modification.
- You need a Flashdrive and USB converter to attach Flashdrive to your Huawei phone.
- Copy the downloaded file to your Flash Drive.
- Now connect the flash drive to your phone using the converter.
- A notification will come, click on it and it will take to USB drive files.
- Long tap on the zip file that you copied to your flash drive and when options come up click on More > Extract to > Current Directory > Ok.
- It will take you to the extracted files, so select both files and click on Move > USB Drive > Move > Apply to all > Merge > Apply to all > Replace.
- Now open Settings on your phone and go to System & Updates > Backup & Restore > Data Backup.
- Then later click on Next > Agree > External Storage > USB Storage and it will show the backup file with the date 19 October 2019. Click on the backup file.
- In the next screen keep select all and click on Restore. It will ask to enter a password so enter the same password mentioned in the password tip and then click Ok.
- When it is complete click on Done. Then go to the home screen and there you will find a new G icon, open it and click on Activate > Allow.
- After that open File Manager on your phone and then go to USB drive > GMS and there you will find a bunch of apps.
- Install all the apps one by one. That’s it now all the apps will be installed on your phone including Play Store.
You can then open Play Store and log in with your Google Account to access apps, games from the Play Store. Now you don’t need to download APKs externally.
You May Also Like | How to Debloat Huawei Phones (Remove Pre-installed Apps)
So there you have it the complete guide on how to install Google Services on Huawei phones with easy methods. It will help you to fully check the performance capabilities of your device. If you have any questions on your mind then let us know in the comment section below.