Apple continues to improve iOS 17 with the release of a revised third beta. The gradual upgrade goes live for developers ahead of the public beta. This update follows the previous third beta release by just one week. Read along to know all about the newest incremental iOS 17 beta.
The revised third beta of iOS 17 carries the build number 21A5277j. This updated build is significantly smaller in size, weighing only 377MB compared to the original beta which was approximately 970MB in size. The update is already available to users running on the iOS 17 developer beta, who own iPhone Xs or newer. Apart from the iOS update, the tech giant has also released a revised beta of iPadOS 17 and macOS Sonoma.
Apple has promised to release the public beta of iOS 17 in July and based on the recent release of the revised third beta, it is likely that the public beta will be available soon. You can explore more details about the upcoming public beta here.
Talking about the changes, then it is expected that the revised third beta addresses the issue of the Rapid Security Response update, spotted by a developer named Aaron. Apart from that, we can expect system-wide enhancements. The modem update remains unchanged on today’s beta, here’s the list of changes coming with the original third beta.
- Apple Music Credit option for songs in Apple Music. To check it, you need to tap on the three dots next to the song name.
- In the thread which appears when tapping on the + icon on Messages, the photo option now shows an icon of the last used photo.
- Under Mental Wellbeing in Health App – Past 30 Days now shows the State of Mind.
- New Wind speed map in Weather
- Photos – Delete and Recover options in Recently Deleted photos have been grouped in one place.
- Home – If you have a light-changing accessory, the control to choose light color has been improved.
- There are some other small improvements in some iOS 17 new features.
- There are a bunch of bug fixes as well.
The revised third beta of iOS 17 is available to developers. If your iPhone is already running on iOS 17 third beta you will receive the incremental beta over the air. But in case you are on iOS 16.5.1 or iOS 16.6, you will need to log in with your developer account then you will be able to see the option on the Software Update page. You can check for the update by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
- 15 Super Cool Wallpapers for iPhone and Android – YMWC 18
- Apple announces watchOS 10 with new Smart Stack, Redesigned Apps, Cycling Features, and more
- 16 Cool Wallpapers to Transform your iPhone’s Lock Screen
- How to Connect iPhone with Windows 11 PC to send Messages and receive Calls
- 60+ Stunning iOS 16 Depth Effect Wallpapers for iPhone