iOS 17 Beta 3 and iPadOS 17 Beta 3 are now available to developers. The second betas for both updates were released last week, introducing some changes. With the arrival of July, public beta testers can also anticipate receiving the beta update later this month. Let’s discuss the new features in iOS 17 Beta 3 for now.
Apple initiated testing of iOS 17 shortly after the WWDC event on June 5th. It has been a month since testing began, and we have already had the opportunity to test most of the iOS 17 features in the first three beta updates. Yes many of them are not ready to be released in public build. And so in the upcoming beta updates, we may not expect significant changes or new features but improvements to what’s already available.
Talking about updates for other devices, Apple also released macOS Sonoma 14 Beta 3, tvOS 17 Beta 3, watchOS 10 Beta 3, and Studio Display 17 Beta 3. Both iOS 17 Beta 3 and iPadOS 17 Beta 3 come with the same build number 21A5277h. The update weighs over 900MB on most phones. There are still many weeks left before the iOS 17 public release.
When it comes to changes and improvements, the third beta introduces significant enhancements to the features introduced in the first two beta updates. You can find the detailed list of changes below. Credit to Aaron Zollo from Zollotech for the list.
- New Modem Update
- Apple Music Credit option for songs in Apple Music. To check it, you need to tap on the three dots next to the song name.
- In the thread which appears when tapping on the + icon on Messages, the photo option now shows an icon of the last used photo.
- Under Mental Wellbeing in Health App – Past 30 Days now shows the State of Mind.
- New Wind speed map in Weather
- Photos – Delete and Recover options in Recently Deleted photos have been grouped in one place.
- Home – If you have a light-changing accessory, the control to choose light color has been improved.
- There are some other small improvements in some iOS 17 new features.
- There are a bunch of bug fixes as well.
The third betas of iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 are available to developers. Users who already upgraded to iOS 17 or iPadOS 17 will receive the third beta update over the air. But in case you are on iOS 16.5 or iOS 16.6, you will need to log in with your developer account then you will be able to see the option on the Software Update page. You can check for the update by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
- 15 Super Cool Wallpapers for iPhone and Android – YMWC 18
- Apple announces watchOS 10 with new Smart Stack, Redesigned Apps, Cycling Features, and more
- 16 Cool Wallpapers to Transform your iPhone’s Lock Screen
- How to Connect iPhone with Windows 11 PC to send Messages and receive Calls
- 60+ Stunning iOS 16 Depth Effect Wallpapers for iPhone